Tendonitis in the shoulder - Go to exercises?

Options
*waves* Afternoon all!

So yesterday I got the answer to why my left shoulder has been freeken killing me. Which is awesome because I also have problems in the other shoulder with my rhomboid muscles (they're essentially tight as a brick and it feels GREAT...*cough*). I have stretches that I do to help with the right side problems but I was wondering if you guys had any good go to exercises that you use for shoulder problems. Normally I just tried to work through the stiff/soreness but now that I'm at the full on pain part, I'm guessing I need to rethink this. And yes I could google but I'd like real life people's experience not just a website selling me on their latest scam, er, technique to cure it.

Thanks!

Replies

• LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would see a physical therapist and maybe an orthopedist. you don't want to mess around with your shoulder joint!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Advice from the health professionals is the go.

Ice is always a good idea. - for ten or so minutes several times a day. Bit of movement post ice but really a bit of rest and anti-inflammatories are probably what they need initially. Seek advice.

I am arthritic (I'm over 50) so have chronic inflammation in my joints which I hope will improve with good diet and exercise etc. But I have to listen to my body. I swim cause there is no resistance in the water my shoulders do feel it however and I monitor how they feel. I use doctor prescribed anti-flammitories and take some natural ones (its controversial as to whether they work but they can't hurt me).
    Sometimes a bit of a rest is a good idea.

Be careful cause you can develop "Frozen Shoulder Syndrome" which isn't much fun - a doctor can explain, its like a chronic pain syndrome.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Under doctor's care, no worries!! And, after posting I was thinking that a PT wouldn't be bad to see either. I have to worry about frozen should with the whole messed up right side anyhow so luckily I'm knowledgeable on that already. I was just hoping there was something out there that people have experience with in terms of keeping strength up and not just working on other stuff besides arms. Not that I'll get lop sided or anything, I just like the complete feeling of rotating through my exercises. ;)
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I dont know exactly what is hurting in your shoulder, but I have hypermobility syndrome (all my joints are floppy, presumably from my tendons being too loose or something). Anyway it causes constant pain in my right shoulder and I recent started going to a new PT.

http://www.auntminnie.com/user/images/content_images/sup_ult/2012_03_22_14_38_12_296_ergo2.figs3and4_450.jpg

Those are two pretty good stretches that I do.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Thank you again!