Help me meet my macros?

Options
So I've just recently decided that I want to get tighter on my macros and make sure that I hit them if I can. Right now I have them set to 40% protein (215g), 30% fat (72g), and 30% carbs (161g). At this time I'm trying to lose weight and this setup has been recommended by a few people, but I'm open to suggestions. We're also going through a slight budget crunch at the moment so I haven't been able to buy any more protein powder or lean meats to fit my goals. Or at least not as much as I'd like.

I'd love to have help from all of you helpful people out there in hitting my macros. What foods do you suggest that are also cheap? And for those that are extra ambitious, can you give me a hypothetical day that will hit my macros without using supplements? That's really been frustrating me lately and I'd love help with it. THANKS!

Replies

• AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    To learn what type of metabolism you have try looking at this link, it will help to determine what %'s would work for you. I am a balanced oxidizer so I am trying to eat 40 % carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat , basically that is trying to eat something from every food group at every meal for the most part, snacks would be if you have carbs have some protein with it and visa/versa. I eat any lean meat, eggs, yogurt, cheese, milk, oatmeal, low carb/high fiber tortillas, whole grain bread, brown rice, fruits , nuts, avocado, nut butters, use olive oil, try to eat my veggies. I've only been trying to hit these micros for a month or two, but I've already noticed a huge difference in how I feel, I'm more satisfied when I eat this way and I don't have any cravings anymore. My dairy is open to my friends so if you want to see what I eat everyday add me. / http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/metabolic-types-eating