Logging question

Options
Tanya949
Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
I'm not sure where to ask this question, and haven't seen it come up so I will ask it here.

Here is the scenario... say I eat an apple every day at lunch. I just find the apple listed under the lunch tab and click to add it. Easy. So a week later, I decide to have an apple with dinner. Why do I have to search for that apple again? (it's already in my list, but different category so I can't choose it) Is there a way to copy/move foods I eat to different categories? I don't understand why my recent/frequent foods are only in the first category I logged it in. Or am I missing something?

Replies

• MaryCampanella
    Options
    I noticed that too. I added say coffee as a snack so I could quickly add and not have to search.
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You can click on frequent or recent and everything you've ever logged will appear. After you click add food.
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had the same question. Clicking on frequent or recent only seems to list the foods ever logged for that meal, not all the foods I've logged at any point. Spending a lot of time searching for foods I ate for lunch yesterday, but for dinner today.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    In the iPhone app, go to settings > diary settings > show all meals in diary tabs.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    In the iPhone app, go to settings > diary settings > show all meals in diary tabs.

^This. If you're using the website, look closely at the top of the page. It says "Add Food To [Meal name]," then a search box, and then "Or, add your favorites for:" followed by the meal name. Note, though, that the meal name is in blue with a drop-down arrow next to it. Click the meal name and you'll have an option for "All meals." Click that and you're set.

Personally, since I tend to eat different foods at each meal, I like the default setting, but you should do whatever works best for you.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So much easier now. One more question... if I've changed it on the web, will it change automatically on the app, or do I have to do that separately? I use the app on my ipad/iphone more often.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So much easier now. One more question... if I've changed it on the web, will it change automatically on the app, or do I have to do that separately? I use the app on my ipad/iphone more often.

I think you have to change it each place. And the list will be different on each device. If you added an apple to lunch on the iPad, it won't be there on the web or iPhone versions. It can be frustrating!
  • Little_Lula
    Options
    I use the android app and it shows up in both places when I use my computer when i get home in the evening
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Another way to do it if you are using the website is to add the apple as part of your lunch. Then from your food diary click on the apple. A box should pop up that lets you change it to what ever meal you want.