Working out during my lunch break

Options
I recently started a new job and realized there is an LA Fitness (gym I belong to) about 5 minutes away. I want to start heading over during my lunch break and getting in a good 45 minute work out (I have an hour long lunch). After lunch, I can then eat my food at my desk while I work.

I park my car at the train station and take the train into work (25 minute train ride). So I figured I could bring a big backpack/bag with all my work out clothes, deodorant, etc.

Does anyone else do this? Any tips? I plan to do my first lunch work out on Tuesday, thanks! :)

Replies

• _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym on my lunch break (too far!) but I've recently starting running and I really like it. That way, I can get another workout done in the evening, it gives me a break from the office's crazies and it reboots my brain!

I bring my running clothes at work (I keep an extra pair of shoes there), and use baby wipes and face wipes to get clean after. Deodorant is necessary. And, don't forget an extra pair of underwear and socks!

Good luck! And I'm pretty sure you'll like it :)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I dont go during work because im too lazy to shower twice.

But some of my coworkers do it and one of my MFP pals, its the only time she has.

So try it out!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I workout on my lunch. I usually stick to lifting because I hate getting really sweaty and not being able to shower.

I pack a bag with shoes, clothes, a hair brush and deodorant.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if you work in an environment where it's not cool to be a bit sweaty, don't go too hard for too long as you can still start sweating profusely long after you shower.

and flip flops are your friend
  • runner_esq25
    runner_esq25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym on my lunch break and it's pretty perfect. Before kids, I would always workout in the morning, but it's just not doable anymore. I change in my office and then head over to the gym. I second the baby wipes, deodorant and clean socks/underwear. I do a quick cleanup/change in my office when I get back because there's no time for shower, hair and new makeup. If I had a big meeting, I would skip it. But, honestly, most days the workout is way more important than looking (smelling!) perfect in the afternoon.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, I want to spend more than an hour, so I don't go over lunch - I go right before or right after work. I walk on my lunch hour instead.
  • muaythaijunkie
    muaythaijunkie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My work actually has a gym in the building and offers a really cheap ($20 a month) fee to use it. Its not a high class gym by any means, but it has free weights, bikes and treadmills so it has everything I need. I go to it every day or other day and workout at lunch. I find it keeps me going throughout the day and re-energizes me when I hit the mid day lag. It has a shower so I am able to really workout hard and clean myself up before the afternoon meetings.
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)