King Cake vs Paczki on Fat Tuesday

Options
King Cake - 343/ slice vs 400 calories per Paczki Louisianna vs Polish tradition. Here in the Midwest we celebrate Paczki Day instead of Mardi Gras . King Cake can be filled and Paczki is a huge fried donut filled with about anything. Is it worth breaking the health rules for this once a year treats? Thankfully I am retired because people always share them at work.

Replies

• sweetgardenangel
    Options
    Hi,
    I never had a "king cake" but I absolutely adore the paczki. My walking buddy and myself have already picked out the bakery and the raspberry Paczke as a celebration with walking with our "FitBit Zip." And I had to laugh at your comment about work, because I always was the one to make an advance order and pick them up at 6 am in the morning! Hah, since I retired I pretty much believe that no one there picked up on the donut deal, when I retired 3 years ago (early retirement after 31 years!). :drinker: :drinker: My smiley has 2 cups, however I thought he was holding a donut with one hand!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have never had a Paczki, but I have had King Cake. And from the sounds of it, I would go for the Paczki for sure. King cakes are just meh in MHO, but a tradition. I keep nibbling for one I like. And do a good job!
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    King cake rules!! Not Mardi Gras without it!! Just don't choke on the baby!!!!