Sweet potatoes

Options
bunkahes
bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
I bought some sweet potatoes and i would like to know if there are any recipes out there. thanks for your comments.

Replies

• Snarkist
    Options
    I just wrap it in tinfoil and bake it in the oven at 400F until it's soft.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I take about 4 large ones and peel and boil them. Then mash them. The problem is that people always want to add this or that to make it "good". You then put them in 2 or 4 plastic containers and you can have them with your protein source. Eat foods with 1 ingredient. trust me you will really feel and see the benefits.
  • jill7273
    jill7273 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I slice them into wedges or fries, put a little olive oil and place single layer on baking sheet with parchment paper and bake @ 400 for 30+ min. Delicious!
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    Treat them like a potato...........
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I roast them in the oven thin slices sprinkle of mrs dash YUM
  • CLessOfMe2014
    Options
    I wash the potatoe & pat dry---roll in a paper towell & Microwave about 1 1/2 minutes then turn over and cook 1 1/2 minutes & let sit in microwave about 2 minutes. cut lenthwise and use my I can't believe it's butter Spray---a little salt and I love black pepper & enjoy!!!!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've cut them into fries and baked them. My kids even eat them. I have never been one to like sweet potatoes as many times as I've tried.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I take about 4 large ones and peel and boil them. Then mash them. The problem is that people always want to add this or that to make it "good". You then put them in 2 or 4 plastic containers and you can have them with your protein source. Eat foods with 1 ingredient. trust me you will really feel and see the benefits.

guilty as charged :blushing:
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Add a full cup of brown sugar and a half bag of marshmallows. Oh wait....that was last year. In 2014 I like mine with salt, pepper, ICBINB spray, and sometimes a dot of honey.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    This soup is quick and tasty:

2 med or 3 small sweet potatoes
    1 large sweet onion
    1 tsp curry powder
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    carton of low sodium broth
    1/2 cup half and half cream

Saute onion with spices. Add broth and cubed sweet potatoes simmer until potatoes are cooked. Let cool a bit, blend and stir in cream. Totally yummy and quick to make - I took it to work all last week and every day people were like "what is that? it smells so good!" :bigsmile: When I had some I added a dollop of plain greek yogurt to it - very satisfying.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I peel and dice them and roast them with olive oil, sea salt, and chipotle powder. Yum!
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    wrap in damp paper towel.... microwave til soft... ICBINB spray and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup.... cant shove them in my face fast enough..
    also bake in oven(or microwave) then smash them with cinnamon a little light brown sugar. sere just like you would mashed potatoes.
    slice into fries, roast in oven with a little olive oil and sea salt, i add everything hot i can to spice them up. love hot food!!
  • fitprincess4333
    Options
    following
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I bought some sweet potatoes and i would like to know if there are any recipes out there. thanks for your comments.

They are one of the best foods to eat thanks to being such good nutrient rich vegetable as is. Baked, grilled, or mashed - don't add anything to them as that just packs on unwanted calories.
  • Ellyssandra
    Options
    I like them baked until soft :)

Then you can top them sweet or savory

for sweet, i like it with almond butter, chopped pecans, spoonful of plain greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup mmmm
    for savory, bean chili and a spoonful of greek yogurt with cilantro
    or butter, salt and pepper!
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    stab it with a fork and stick that sucker in the microwave for 5 minutes then drop half a tablespoon of butter on it yummy!
  • Ellyssandra
    Options
    They are one of the best foods to eat thanks to being such good nutrient rich vegetable as is. Baked, grilled, or mashed - don't add anything to them as that just packs on unwanted calories.

to each his own, but add ons which make it taste better and add nutrients don't really give unwanted calories. They are wanted for me hehe
  • annemw82
    annemw82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    One of the best things about sweet potatoes is they taste delicious baked or mashed without any additions. However I do like cubing them and making a hash. Sweet potatoes have less starch than regular potatoes so you can saute them and they will actually get soft. I like to toss cubed sweet potato in a pan with some onion, red/green bell pepper, spinach, and mushrooms along with a bit of olive or coconut oil. Then I serve it topped with an over easy egg. This makes a great veggie filled breakfast.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I slice them into wedges or fries, put a little olive oil and place single layer on baking sheet with parchment paper and bake @ 400 for 30+ min. Delicious!

^^