1 week down :-)

hpeder
hpeder Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello! Today marks day 7 for me!

MFP has already changed my daily routine! I honestly feel like i'm eating so much more, but the foods are SO MUCH healthier. I love sitting down and planning my meals before I make them - helps me to realize what i'm about to put into my body.

I used to have regular headaches, but haven't even had 1 this week! My skin is clearer, i'm more awake in the mornings, and i have so much more energy in the late afternoon and evening that i ever did before.

HOWEVER, I'm so afraid of getting on the scale. Haven't weighed in yet but i'm nervous that my great feeling of accomplishment will disappear after i step on the scale.

Does anyone else feel this way? how did you tackle your first few weigh ins?

THANKS! feel free to add me - i'd love a support group for inspiration!:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Hi! Congrats on your first week!

I've only had one official weigh in myself! I lost .5 pound and was pretty bummed! BUT, like you said, I feel great. My weight may not show it but my spirits definitly do! Focus on how great you feel and it'll definitely keep you going!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I didn't weigh for 2 weeks mostly because I forgot - haha. Going into it, I told myself a couple lbs would be great... and then I was really surprised that I had lost 12 lbs! It's actually not exactly 12 lbs because I was weighed the first time (at the doctor's office) in the middle of the day and then weighed the 2nd time (at home) in the morning but I know it was at least about 10 lbs.

PS - Don't get discouraged by the previous poster. Having a total of 10 lbs to lose, losing will always be slow. The more you have to lose, the faster it will come off at first just because it's such a jolt to your system. I started with about 40 lbs to lose and after the first 12, steadily lost about a pound per week. I've only ever lost 2 lbs in one week ONE time... so don't get discouraged by "little" numbers. Every little bit adds up and it all counts!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    i'm in week 2 and our starting weights are almost the same (187.6 for me). I agree, MFP is great - I'm a big planner, so I love putting in what I'm eating and what I'm going to do for exercise for the day in the morning. I feel more accountable because it's logged, so the evenings when I don't feel like getting on the treadmill, my brain tells me I have to because it's already on my exercise journal.

I am only getting on the scale once a week. To do so every day would drive me insane. The first week didn't worry me - I figured I'd drop. But after how many seasons of watching the Biggest Loser, I know week 2 is the scary one, so I am worried a little about next Tuesday (my chosen weigh in day). Again, I know I need to log it my weight on that day, so like it or not, I will have to get on that scale!

Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.