Help!

Options
I have been working out slightly and am trying to motivate myself to go and lose more weight. What drives you to get out and exercise? For me it's my health and that I want to look good and feel good about myself for once. Any help will be appreciated!

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My daughter, and being able to keep up with her when she gets fully mobile. :)

I trick myself into working out whenever I don't feel like doing it. I'll tell myself I'll only do it for a few minutes, just to say I did something... by the time those couple of minutes are up I'm in the groove, so I finish the full work out.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I never regret the run i did only the ones i didn't get out for. The more you workout the more of a habit it becomes and you no longer even think about having to do it and you just do it.
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of exercises that are just fun.
    Going outside and playing a game of basketball with the neighbors.
    Racing my friends in the pool.
    Bashing peoples faces in while playing water polo.
    Find a sport you enjoy and try to start from there. Build around it.
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    Friday I really didn't want to run. I was very very close to just not doing it.

I managed to do it anyway primarily by not thinking about it and just doing it, but the funny thing is even though I completely failed the workout (I was only able to complete little less than a third of the planned run) I felt better after than I had all day.

Remembering that will be my motivation for the next run and that one I won't fail.
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    Hi there,

It helps having friends in real life to go and exercise with. I usually walk with them once a day and then do stuff on my own. What motivates me is I know I'm doing something positive for my health. I'm feeling better, now that I've been exercising every day for a month I can tell when I miss a day or slack off, it takes its toll.

I'm finding it's pretty fun.
  • 2Dozen
    2Dozen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Being better than everyone is what motivates me. Once you find what truly motivates you, it wont be hard at all.
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It helps me to have a goal for the week and work towards it. Right now, because I'm just getting active again, my weekly goal is only 180 minutes/week. When that gets easy, I'll bump it up to 240 and so on. I also trick myself into doing more by saying, "I'll just do one more..." Momentum is wonderful. Also, it helps me to have an exercise buddy sometimes. I can walk a lot further, while talking with a friend:)
  • mrsieve
    mrsieve Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have back issues and have been told several times now that I need to workout nearly every day to keep from being in constant pain. As the arthritis commercial says, a body in motion, stays in motion.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    To start with, I was tired of not seeing the man I wanted to be in the mirror. (Still not there, but getting closer) After my first bulk I had a buddy that had not seen me in a while look at me and say "Holy crap you gained a lot of muscle". He then tried to circle my bicep, using the thumb and forefinger of both hands and could not touch them together. That day made working out a lock for me...

Don't care if anyone thinks that is vain. It truly felt good and I liked it! I like the way my Beautiful Wife looks at me. Don't care if it is all in my head... Winning feels good man!!!

Set some goals. Learn what you can whenever possible. This takes time, effort and dedication, but you can create anything that you chose to create in your life! Now get in the gym and pick up some heavy *kitten* Shiznit!! :wink: