Hello Fitness Pal!

Options
I'm Jake. I decided to join this site to track my weight loss progress and track my intake of nutrition and to see the results.

I've been here for a while and decided that it was time for a change to how I thought about nutrition as well as how I went about exercise.

You see, I come from about a year of just extensive, sweat-inducing cardio-based workouts from the Insanity Program as well as Rev Abs. I wanted results fast but never kept my nutrition in check. And when I kept my nutrition in check, I was going crazy counting everything and it was hard to do portion control when you're working out - at least for me it was. Some days I had the right portions, some days not. I always felt guilty for eating more, too.

Well, I started reading the Primal Blueprint and decided to cut out all grains and lower my carb intake. I've not only seen significant weight loss from this, but my body now has a major metabolic advantage from eating the way I do.

This will come as a surprise but these are basically the changes I've made: I went from working out to Insanity 6 days a week to walking daily for an hour with my wife and daughter (family time), playing more with my daughter, and then lifting weights Wednesday and Saturday. I sprint on Mondays just to get the heart rate up a little. I don't count calories anymore. I don't portion control. I don't time my meals; I eat when I want!

My stress level has lowered so much and I'm eating how I want to eat. I don't miss the grains or the extra carbs that come with them. My new energy source is fat and my body is just using it up like it's nothing now! My workouts are more manageable and I just feel a lot better doing it.

If you are interested in something like this, I'll be happy to talk with you about it. Just looking to gain some friends here that are interested in health and fitness :)

Thanks for your time.
Jake