Another small step!

Options
So I have been a member since April 2010 and with the help of being able to log food and exercise I have lost 60 pounds! When I started I was walking on the treadmill at most 2.8 mph for about 20 minutes and would have to stop. Weighing 250 pounds was weighing heavily on my health literally. Day before yesterday I took another small step and RAN A WHOLE MILE AT 5 MPH! so a whole 12 minutes of straight running (I'm like 5'3 so 5 mph is a pretty decent run for my short legs). I am sooo proud of myself. I cannot get over how well I have done. 7 being my lucky number I have lost 7 inches off my waist, 7 inches off my hips and 7 inches off EACH thigh! I have gone from a size 20 to a size 14! 250 pounds to 190 pounds! I still have a good 40-45 pounds to go before I reach my ultimate goal. A big thank you to all those who are on here and offer so much encouragement and a big thank you to my husband who has been right there the whole way and who has also seen some amazing results. He has lost a little over 100 pounds and has from a size 40 waist pant to a size 32! I am so proud of him. He also ran his first treadmill 10k in 46 minutes which amazes me! Good job to everyone out there making strides towards ultimate success each day!

I'm including a little sneak peak at the new me!
** Well I was going to but it keeps telling me my image was removed** :(

60425_1556859715411_1052765266_1587590_3878625_n.jpg

Replies

• Utahbeth
    Options
    That is awesome! Your achievement is very inspiring to people like me who have recently joined and need more motivation to keep at it. I would be extremely proud of running an entire mile at 5mph!!

Way to go! And keep it up! :)
  • ReadyMom
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Keep it up girl!
  • vote4me29
    Options
    Great News and continued success! You give so much hope and encouragement to a slwo starter like me !:smile:
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!