When Did You Begin To Notice?

Options

Replies

• Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Around 20lbs lost I started getting comments. However, I don't lbs is the best way to quantify it because a very obese person could lose 20 lbs and no one would ever notice and person nearer their ideal weight could lose just 10 lbs and have it look shocking. I would say it's probably about a loss of 10% of starting weight that becomes visible to most others.
  • doltonehouse
    doltonehouse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im 7.3kgs (16lbs) down and i cant notice, my husband hasnt noticed but my mother did comment yesterday 'youve lost weight, i can tell in your waist'.
    Frustrating that i cant see it yet.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ff65e746a2262875141dc39c907acc3c_zps82d267dd.jpg

This is great! I pinned it to my Pinterest awhile back. My husband and my daughter have noticed and commented but nobody else. I can tell a difference and I wore an old pair of jeans to work Friday that I haven't worn in close to 2 years.

Just keep pushing! :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I'm very small, so it only took about 5-10 pounds for myself to start seeing changes, and about 15 pounds for people to make comments like "woah! you look great!"
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant at my highest weight and lost the first 20 rather quickly. But I wasn't used to my new body and didn't get any satisfaction out of my weight loss until I had lost the 65 I gained. Now I am down 90 pounds and people are constantly telling me I look fantastic and I'm starting to get called skinny which feels great But in all honesty I still have 20-30 to go. I do look great and compared to where I was I look outstanding. I know I look different. I am finally at a place where I can look at something in a department store, pull it off the rack and like the way it fits. It's pretty awesome. Each 20 pounds lost is a big deal for me, it usually means I lose a size.
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I see it in the fit of my clothes, more than in the mirror. (I think the mirror and depression went to the same school. They both obviously lie.) I'd say I was a couple months in when one of my co-workers commented. By then I'd lost 20+ I guess. The day I could put my vibram (Five Finger Classic) shoes on without my toes getting uncomfortably squished, was awesome. (Discovering that they were not as comfortable as they used to be, before the bones in my foot were re-fused, less than awesome. :( )

I am waiting for the day when I look in the mirror and actually *see* the person I am becoming, instead of the person I was.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43 and dropped 4 sizes I could feel it in my clothes and was getting complements but it hasn't been till the last few weeks that I looked at pictures and in the mirror and I can look past the stomach I still have.
  • when I noticed things that I missed...

"Whoa! when did I get THAT pierced?"

"I didn't know we had carpet"

etc

haha, I love this. :D

My guy mentioned my face was looking thinner a couple weeks in, and I guess I can kind of see it being a little less puffy. My body image is seriously distorted, so I'm sure it'll take me a while...
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    at two weeks i noticed in my face and clothes getting loser. i am 4 weeks in and my bras arent so tight, rings are looser, certain outfits fitting much better. i have not gotten on a scale yet either but i was wearing a size 22 and put on an 18 yesterday. everyday when i have doubts that i am successful with my weighloss something small but awesome will happen like needing to buy a size smaller underwear or the sleeves on my blouse are no longer chokenly tight. the hubby says he notices but i believe it will be another 4-6 weeks for friends and acquaintances to notice the loss.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    ff65e746a2262875141dc39c907acc3c_zps82d267dd.jpg

this
  • OmahaRocks
    OmahaRocks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 lbs and thats a lot of weight to lose. I have not noticed a single change .. not in my clothes (the way they fit) .. or in my appearance at all ... and then .. ou are not going to believe this .. my first time I noticed a change was in my shoes !!! My shoes are starting to flop and are feeling too big. Me with my big old clodhoppers .. they were the first to shrink. LOL :blushing:
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had 100 Pounds to lose, and what I learnt, it's take a quarter of that to starting noticing the loss yourself, and half of that for other people to start noticing, so you need a lot of patience.
  • maddiok
    maddiok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    15, I think, which was only about a week or two ago. None of my clothes fit anymore :'(
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I feel like I notice weird suff too due to my weight loss. When did the shape of my lower body change? When did I get a collarbone, and ribs? When did all restaurants install these super huge booths and when did they start making such big office chairs?

;-)

I'm looking forward to taking a long haul flight in May and feeling like they've widened the seats! :smile:
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My fiancé noticed at a weight loss of 5lbs. People at my gym noticed at 10 and 15lbs. However, I have not been able to notice any body changes physically.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I noticed when my clothes started to feel looser.

My best friend came down for a hen's party and then the wedding in October/December last year. Both times she commented on my weight loss.

Since the beginning of the year EVERYONE has been commenting about my weight loss.

I think I am also able to physically see the difference now, rolls of fat are beginning to disappear.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Edit because I read the thread and apparently repeated someone else.
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My co workers noticed it first, I didn't think much of it at the time it hit me recently when I got invited to a formal party and all of my dress clothes were too big now I notice because I have to update my wardrobe more and more
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Because I took progress photos and measurements monthly, I noticed earlier than I would have otherwise, I'm sure.

It took about 3 months and 20 lbs for me to notice.

It took about 4.5 months (28ish lbs) for others to notice.

I HIGHLY recommend taking regular progress photos. If I was having a mentally off day, I could go look at those progress photos and *see* what I was having a hard time *feeling*. Also, I would envision what next month's progress photo was going to look like, and I'd get really excited to kick up the intensity for the rest of the month.

You can see my MFP blog here if you want to see my monthly progress posts (started at about 3 months in): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sparlingo

**Edited to add: As an afterthought, I think others really started to notice when I bought some new clothes. I bought a pair of well-fitting shorts and a nice shirt part way through that fit perfectly even though I knew I still had at least 30 lbs to lose. It was a nice ego boost to have clothes fit like a glove, and I think it helped others notice my progress, too. Just a thought.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    For me, I didn't really notice it visually looking in the mirror, because I still honed in on "problem areas" but in a year, I dropped two pant sizes, and two shirt sizes. The weight hasn't really fluctuated too much, so I think psychologically I am looking to that number. But the decrease in clothes size is a win for me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!