going to eat chinese

Options
Ok, so I've been told that we are going to eat Chinese food tonight. I'm thinking that maybe I just need to eat before I even go... ugh! If I don't do that what do you guys think about chicken and broccoli? Do you think that would be my best bet? Of course there is nutritional info on here about it but what about the sauce? I know that I can't always be exact but the chicken and broccoli I saw on here said 300 cals for 2 cups. That seems very low.

Replies

• rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli is a great choice! The sauce is *equivalent *usually* to your standard teriyaki sauce.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You can always ask for sauce on the side. Dip your fork in the sauce, and then pierce the food for eating. You'd be surprised how many calories you save that way!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You can ask for "light" sauce. The light, brown sauce that is on brocolli beef or green bean chicken dishes is much lighter, lower calories than a teriyaki or sweet & sour type sauce. (less sugar)

Ask for brown rice if they offer it. Just use portion control and enjoy your meal!
  • decemberg
    Options
    The sodium is what is going to hurt....make sure you ask for brown rice if possible - I know this is an option at many places now. Just make sure you watch your sodium levels for the rest of the day.
  • elephant1099
    elephant1099 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can also ask them to steam the chicken and brocolli as well as having the sauce on the side. Very yummy!
  • jumpman233345
    Options
    BUMP!

I am going to a Chinese meal tomorrow night and was wondering if anyone knows how many cals/fat is in each dish?
    Any more tips?

Thanks all
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Any steamed protein (shrimp, chicken are my faves) and veggies with sauce on the side are fine. Totally agree to ask for brown rice but if they don't have it then either a) skip the rice or b) just eat one spoonful for texture. Enjoy!