any good chicken salad recipes

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I bought a roasted chicken from the store the other day and have left over chicken...so I was wondering what is the best way to make a yummy chicken salad with all the fat. I have light hellman's is that ok?

Replies

• boomboom011
    Options
    i throw in onions, celery, light mayo, mustard and anything else your heart desires! Its soooo good! I love chicken salad!
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use some of the juices from the chicken (if it's cold, they'll be gelatin in the bottom of the pan) to moisten so that I don't need to use as much mayo. I like to add curry and golden raisins--YUM.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use light or fat free miracle whip, all white meat chicken, celery, red grapes and sunflower seeds. You could even throw in small chunks of apple's if you'd like instead of grapes. I've used celery salt in place of actual celery if I didn't have any.
  • jrenaldo
    jrenaldo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the light Hellman's and it tastes good to me. I mix chicken, light mayo, salt, pepper, a little lemon juice, purple grapes, finely chopped red onions, chopped celery and a few chopped pecans. Very yummy and pretty healthy too!
  • kiki28riki
    Options
    I sometimes do half fat free sour cream and half mayo to get calories/fat down. I also like to throw in feta or blue cheese crumbles for extra flavor!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite ways to use leftover chicken. I use this recipe for a fruit curry chicken salad.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/fruity-curry-chicken-salad/Detail.aspx

The only difference is that I swap out the mayo for 0% greek yogurt. The salad has a fruity taste to it anyway that it actually tastes better than using mayo. Also the toasted pecans are delish, but one time I tried slivered almonds and it was just as good. Yum!
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    They all sound yummy....
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    try using fat free plain greek yogurt instead of mayo or miracle whip. It's delicious, packed with protein and no fat!