Hoping to find a good group

Hi everyone,

So after posting on facebook, I have finally come to realize that my "friends" are not all as supportive as one would hope (you know it is). With a couple of medical conditions, I was told I must stay in the gym for keeping injuries at bay as well as weight loss. Well, with a 5 month old and at a military station which we have little support (babysitting, etc.), getting to the gym consistently has been difficult if not sometimes impossible. I know this time will pass, but it has been very challenging emotionally as well as physically. So I'm hoping for this to be a more positive social networking for me as well as a more flexible way to keep a food journal. Which I have a question about: is there a way to have a "favorites" list so it's easy to add reoccurring items that others have already entered in? I know I can write up my own food items, but I was wondering if there was a way to quick add other's entries without having to search for them each time. An old online food journal had this option, so I figured it was worth asking.

Also, if anyone has groups to suggest, I'm all ears. I'm a female who has about 25-30 pounds to lose, but I tend to train more like men do (I prefer working with men in the free weights rather than a women's gym as I've found it more motivating in general but I am all ears to any group that offers good information and a supportive environment). Thanks all!

Replies

• hi i just started today and im looking for some friends too so add me please :drinker:
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Hi, feel free to add me always looking for new friends on this site. daily logging in with a open dairy. Good luck!!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    I hope you find the support yoou need here. there are the normal internet trolls but mostly it seems to be a freindly bunch.
    Stay in that weights room and keep lifting.
    I prefer lifting 'myself' as you can prob tell from my pic but if you find something you enjoy - stick with it!
    Good luck with it all and before long we'll be sing your sucess pictures.

J