Losing the last 10 pounds tips

Options
I am so close to my desired weight, I can almost see it, but I have unfortunately hit a plateau with my last 9-10 pounds!! I work out everyday, switch up my routines, and I am very conscious of what I eat and if it will meet my calorie allotment. I don't know how to break these last 10 pounds!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you been in a similar situation? I need to know how to break this plateau, and I need all the help I can get! Thanks!

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. Many people plateau and give up...but if you keep working out and eating in a healthy manner, you will probably lose the weight. And if not, this might be the best weight for you for the long-term if you are able to keep eating the same manner as now.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Losing the last 10 lbs was the hardest for me. And those are the few that keep trying to creep back on!!!!!! I have been in maintenance for over 2 years and I still have to be careful during winter months - the damn 10 keep reappearing LOL
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.

Most of all, be patient. My last 3 lbs. took 2 months to come off. But they did!

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • positive714
    Options
    Thank you guys for the words of encouragement! I feel less alone knowing that the last few pounds are the toughest for everyone!