Only losing weight every two weeks.

Options
I seem to have noticed a trend with my weight loss. It seems like I only lose weight every other week. My weight loss will stall on week 1 maybe even go up for a bit then I drop 2 pounds by the end of the following week. I don't really have a question as such because I pretty much know its just my body readjusting to the change, holding on to a bit of water before giving in to the deficit. It's just so fascinating now that I've been losing weight for a few months that I can see how my body works. Makes me less concerned when I don't lose any.
Deficit = weight loss but your body not your mind decides when to let it go. Don't be disheartened - it will come off!

Replies

• shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm much the same. I have ranged anywhere from -7.2 pounds to +3 pounds in a week so far and it seems to go in a up one week down the other pattern.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was just looking at the report for my weight loss and noticed the same. It's going on 3 weeks now, so I'm due!!! :)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I drop weight once a month. That's it. The other 3 weeks it fluctuates.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I went to my doctor about this very issue. She told me that people who lose weight like this is because it's hormone based. She also told me not to worry about it. =)
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. Another pattern I've noticed is a stabilization period every few pounds. I've learned to go with it. If I can maintain a new weight for a few weeks, then I seem to have better results losing in the next push.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm much the same. I have ranged anywhere from -7.2 pounds to +3 pounds in a week so far and it seems to go in a up one week down the other pattern.

Two steps forward, one step back is still one step forward!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I lose every 3 weeks!