When should you weigh yourself?

Options
Is it best to weigh yourself every day or every week?

Replies

• klmiles1221
    Options
    I weigh myself every week at the same time everyday. I feel like this works the best for me because sometimes throughout the week my weight flucuates depending on what I did/ate the day before.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, right in the morning after toilet. I only put the lowest weight into my chart and ignore fluctuations. So sometimes I can't put anything into my chart for two weeks, but then losing weight slowly isn't too bad. Works for me and keeps me sane!
    Stef.
  • seabooger
    Options
    I weigh myself once every second week it seems. I prefer to keep measuring tape around because even if I don't lose weight, I seem to still be slimming down in inches.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Some people do every week, every other week, etc. It's all about preference.

I personally weigh everyday so that I can see all of my body fluctuations. It gives me a better understanding of the effects of salt, exercise, ovulation, ToM, etc have on my weight.

If you can't hand the scales going up and down all the time though, then it's probably better for you to do weekly.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    different people weigh more frequently than others... i personally am weighing once a week (on thursdays) in the morning after the bathroom. i try not to eat much sodium or sugar in the days leading up to the weigh in because it might add on water weight. also make sure you wear the same thing each time, or you could wear nothing too.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only post updates here a couple times a week. I have issues with fluid retention which I take medication for, so weighing daily is a must so I can make adjustments. It can also cause fairly wide variations from day to day.

I've also tried weighing myself at different times in a day to pinpoint where the fluctuations come from and have discovered that late afternoon, before dinner, is typically my lowest weight instead of first thing in the morning.

Basically, pick whatever method works for you and stick with it. There's really no wrong way to do this. I'd suggest taking measurements once a month or so too.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Saturday morning after toilet and before I get dressed
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The best time to weigh yourself is at midnight during a full moon, butt naked, in your living room, in front of a window, blasting some Run D.M.C.

You're welcome.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning after my workout , naked just before getting in the shower ... I don't care if my weight fluctuates but I enter my lowest number when i get it ... either way .. as long I can see my body shaping up I don't care about the weight ... I cant help it .....I'm very curious lol
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning after my workout , naked just before getting in the shower ... I don't care if my weight fluctuates but I enter my lowest number when i get it ... either way .. as long I can see my body shaping up I don't care about the weight ... I cant help it .....I'm very curious lol

Every day, same time (morning after I get up). Routine is routine and helps.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    As often as you like - but only compare numbers from the same time eg. You could (if you were obsessive enough) weight morning, noon and night. If you are trending you would have to trend the morning numbers together, noon ones together and night ones together.

Time of weighing is more important than frequency for monitoring weight changes.

Personally I weigh (most) every morning just before I get dressed for the day.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For myself... Every morning before breakfast. I put the weight into an app called Libra, it tracks my weight as a moving average so the daily fluctuations don't phase me and I have a better idea of my true weight.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    NEVER!

Haha. I got so disappointed with the scale. I threw mine out a long time ago. I would weigh myself and never see the results I wanted and it usually made me throw away the whole day.

I weigh in once every month or two at the doctors office now.
  • candlechick27
    candlechick27 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once a week, I am to disappointed otherwise...