under 1200 calories with open food diaries?

Options
HI My name is Pandora and I am looking for friends eating under 1200 calories a day with open food diaries so I can get some more ideas as to low calorie meals and to have motivation from people in the same boat as me. I am eating 1000 calories a day as per a medically supervised diet. My food diary is open to friends.

Replies

• sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    anyone??
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You're not going to find much support here for anything under 1200 calories, even if medically supervised.

Edit to add that your profile picture is one hell of a handsome dog, and I'm kinda jealous!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You will probably get better results googling low calorie foods rather than asking on here.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Who ever you have medically supervising you at 1000 calories should have a whole list of what to eat each day... you can look at mine but my goal is 1200 I, like most do not go over or rarely go up to the 1200 but you are welcome to look it over.

Again if they have you on a 1000 or less limit you need to tell them to give you a sheet of foods to choose from so you can make sound meals, otherwise you can buy frozen meals with a calorie count that you can mix and match all day to keep at or below that limit.

I don't know your situation but that is not a good limit for any length of time.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You're not going to find much support here for anything under 1200 calories, even if medically supervised.

Edit to add that your profile picture is one hell of a handsome dog, and I'm kinda jealous!

+1!

Also, I'm extremely concerned if your medical supervision doesn't include some meal plans. I did a super-low-cal, low-carb diet that was medically supervised (900-1100 cals/day with only 25g or less carbs) - and there were definitely meal plans/examples provided. As well as an online support community of other folks on that diet plan. Your doc/hospital should have these resources for you.

Lastly, just gonna say that while I lost ~20 lbs with that low-cal diet, I'm now losing more quickly on 1310 cals/day and no food restrictions or extreme workouts. My diary's open, feel free to take a look. I'm not only happier, but eating food in a way that's sustainable for the rest of my life. So yeah, I encourage you to look at a more moderate path.

A highly recommended MFP classic:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ask your medical supervisor.
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    There is a list of low calorie foods but I am interested in whole meals that people put together.

The 1000 calories is for a month if I can lose 10 lbs. Then up to 1100 for a month, if there is another 10 lb loss, then up to 1200 and so on until I can maintain a healthy calorie intake.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I eat less than 1200 calories and my diary is open.

Except today, don't look at today.... once a month I allow myself to drink and have pizza.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I try to maintain right at 1200, since even that is pushing it a little. Anyway, my diary is open, so feel free to add me. :)
  • I try my best to maintain 1200 calories a day, and my food diary is open to friends (:
  • Intrigue123
    Intrigue123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on a 700 cal per day,.you would be surprised all you can eat,there are times I go over but I def try to stay near the 700. I eat a lot of salad and chicken or tuna fish, I stay away from carbs as much as I can and I go to the gym everyday.
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    I do no more than 1300 a day and am losing weight well enough. I eat a lot of veg and make almost everything from scratch.

My best advice is get some food scales.

My diary is open to friends.
    Bec
  • sillyvalentine
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad to have some news friends who support me and who I can support in return!