Need a music player

Options
So I need a music player/mp3 for when I work out. I can use apple ipod because i have a chromebook and itunes is not supported on it. So i need something else. And not junky cheap! Ive bought a sandisk I think and it was crap. Dont want to spend more than $60. Thanks!

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So I need a music player/mp3 for when I work out. I can use apple ipod because i have a chromebook and itunes is not supported on it. So i need something else. And not junky cheap! Ive bought a sandisk I think and it was crap. Dont want to spend more than $60. Thanks!

Why not just use your phone?
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Maybe because a phone is only going to last so many hours playing music constantly.

I also need a cost effective music player with long playing life. Probably in the 2-4 GB range.
    I've been considering the SanDisk Sansa Clip+ as they are cheap. But what I really want is a player that also supports bluetooth.
    Unfortunately, I think only an iPod Touch (latest/5th gen) supports bluetooth, but its extremely costly.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it supports bluetooth, but Sony still makes the Walkman. Mine cost $90 Canadian though.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    add a 64GB microSD to a sansa for ~$35 and you have a 74GB player. The volume rocker always seems to break after a while though.

You're not gonna get anything better for under 60.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i have a sansa clip+ and i LOVE IT. (mines purple of course)
    love love love it.
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The Creative Zen X-Fi supports Bluetooth, and it's about USD 100. The Samsung Galaxy Player also supports Bluetooth, but that's closer to USD 200.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Maybe because a phone is only going to last so many hours playing music constantly.

I also need a cost effective music player with long playing life. Probably in the 2-4 GB range.
    I've been considering the SanDisk Sansa Clip+ as they are cheap. But what I really want is a player that also supports bluetooth.
    Unfortunately, I think only an iPod Touch (latest/5th gen) supports bluetooth, but its extremely costly.

That's why they have things called chargers that work great when sitting at home or at a desk. I've yet to kill my phone when streaming music via bluetooth headphones, using the gps, and connected to a HRM while out for half marathon distances.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've been a Sansa Fuze user for a long time. My oldest one is 7 years old and is just starting to have issues with the wheel. I have a couple of others that are 1-2 years younger and except for chipping paint, they work as good as day one.

Since they don't have BlueTooth, I experimented with using an Android phone as a music player. For giggles, I bought a $30 Virgin Mobile pre-paid phone and just didn't activate the 3G service. I use Wi-Fi and BlueTooth to stream and since I have a Rhapsody account, I can download music to play when I'm offline. So far so good, plus I don't have to use Rhapsody craptacular Windows software to download like I do with in Fuze players. Plus, it has Android 4.x so I have mini-tablet functionality: WIN-WIN!

PM me if you need the model #, don't have it nearby. Bought it from local Walmart, dunno if on website.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have an older ipod you can have if you like.
    No one uses it because we have all updated ours to new generation models with more memory.
    Its a green shuffle. Your welcome to it.
    Im in Australia though. I am happy to pop it in the post. Would take a week to get to anywhere overseas unless your really rural and then maybe a few days more. PM me if you want it :D