How many times have you returned to mfp?

Options

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd. I got too busy after my son was born and he was (obviously) my main focus. I came back last month, but this past week I've been religious about it and workout out too. I feel that I'm better able to now that he's almost 6 months old.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    This is my second round, I joined in Sept 2011 and didn't stick with it very long, opting then for Weight Watchers instead. Got within 7 pounds of my goal weight and decided it was close enough; got pregnant, got sick, gained over 100 pounds!!!!! Been back for 368 days now and have about 40 pounds to go before I get back to where I want to be.
  • sassabella
    Options
    Never left
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I came here for the first time on June 17, 2013 only missed last weeks logging as I didn't have internet access...I will be here next year, and the year after etc....

Lifestyle for me now...and it's too easy with the phone app to log as well if I am at the office or eating out.
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is my third. This time I've been here for 2 years, 3 months. The other two times, I didn't last but a few weeks.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging for a few months last summer. I wanted to test myself. (I did fine) Then I came back when the cool weather hit. I wanted something fun to do over winter. One of my MFP friends talked me into starting New Rules for Women last month, so I will have to stay at least until sometime in August. I can guess at my calories by how I feel, but protein is not so easy so I will need to track at least as long as I am on this program.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around. I was on it six months last time, lost weight then stopped.

After gaining the weight back, :angry: I started again six months ago and have no intention of leaving ever again. I learned my lesson!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Never, Still going on for 680 days.
  • ursus_maritimus
    Options
    Round two for me. Went for about 3 months last year, dropped some weight and then got off track again. Back about a month ago now and feeling committed :)
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've managed to hold on for a year now! LOL
    There have been some weeks where I've not logged on but I haven't 'left' and hopefully I won't. :laugh:
  • kjacobs06
    kjacobs06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd time back, tonight as a matter of fact, is my first log in in months. I have gained the wait back and I am going through a depression, which I believe is the weather. I feel like this every winter. I am sluggish and unmotivated. I am going to try this again. Wish my luck, as I will be routing for all of you. I see a lot of you have come a long way!! Congrats on your successes. I did good with this before so we will see what happens!! =)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Never left :bigsmile:
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd time back, tonight as a matter of fact, is my first log in in months. I have gained the wait back and I am going through a depression, which I believe is the weather. I feel like this every winter. I am sluggish and unmotivated. I am going to try this again. Wish my luck, as I will be routing for all of you. I see a lot of you have come a long way!! Congrats on your successes. I did good with this before so we will see what happens!! =)

Seasonal depression is definitely a real thing. Getting enough vitamins (especially D) and doing some exercise can do wonders to combat it! Good luck!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    757 days!! :drinker:
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is my second time =) for those of you who have never left you rock!! I got excited yesterday when it said I logged for 10 days! lol Anyone who is good at motivation, I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE!! =P Add me!!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    More then i care to admit.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Second round, started back in 2012 embed up pregnant, stopped logging, and now been back for almost a month.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is my second time, it worked but I got tired of the pressure I was putting on myself.
    I'm much more realistic with my exercise/food now and it's working out better for me.

Yep yep! I am the same way!!! This is probably my 3rd of 4th time. I don't think I took it seriously before since I wasn't logging religiously (especially my weekends and when I would eat badly when I knew better). I got depressed so this time, I'm logging it all! No hold-backs! I am also serious about why I want to lose weight/shape-up so I know I'll be better. I just have to be real and stop putting myself down for going off track. It's better to get back on the train than to just jump off completely.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering everybody. It is helpful to read all of your replies. I feel much more committed to stay the course knowing others have made more than one attempt and found success their second or third time around. I see many people are also making it a life time commitment. Cheers to them. I hope I become one of them.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for years, but I never logged more than one meal here and there and one total day or so. I would return every so often and log something and change my weight. I never really sat down and looked for support and calculated my goals until this time. I am 43 days in now and down 14 pounds. I wish I would have done this when I first joined!