9 really good reasons to eat donuts

Options
2»

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no suggestion in that article that you eat donuts instead of the food listed. Neither did the article compare the nutritional value. But I guess you would have to read it to know that...sigh.

Really? That's exactly what these lines imply, which I know because I did read it:

maybe you'll reach for a "healthier" option instead—like a green Odwalla "Super Food" smoothie.

Not so fast. According to a new report by Credit Suisse, you might be better off eating a doughnut than some of the stuff marketed as healthy. Here are nine surprising foods that have more sugar than a Krispy Kreme doughnut, which, at 10 grams, seems saintly in comparison :
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    There is absolutely no suggestion in that article that you eat donuts instead of the food listed. Neither did the article compare the nutritional value. But I guess you would have to read it to know that...sigh.
    Oh, I read the article. Like many "nutrition" articles written these days, it was simply written to grab pageviews with a sensational headline and a scare-mongering tactic about one macro nutrient, not to mention a condescending attitude towards the average reader, who is probably trying to incorporate some of those healthier foods into his or her diet.

A better approach would have been to discuss the nature of carbs and their role in our diets, and how food that has sugars without other macros is better left for a treat. For example, the author could have written about how to balance one's diet so you can have that donut and go happily on with your day, rather than chug down an Odwalla juice bottle and then figure you're doing great, so why not treat yo self to a donut?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    All donuts are not created equally

r_rock_doughnuts007.jpg

I miss Round Rock Donuts.