Best exercise to do at home

Options
2»

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've fallen head over heels in love with "dance off the inches" sizzling salsa. it's about 35 minutes with the warm up and cool down. the more I do it, the more I love it. I want to get a country line dancing one, a hip hop one, and a naughty one next. ;)

I'm poor, so I save up for half.com impulse splurges. amazon has customer reviews of the videos.

also, I'm digging the biggest loser workout series. they're divided into "weeks," the first set is 20 minutes, the second is 10, and the third is 10 (not including warm up and cool down time). you can pick how many you want to do at a time, which is what I love best about them. if I don't have a full hour to work out, I can do 50, 40, or 30 minutes. :)

best of luck figuring out what you enjoy. this is a fun adventure, and you're definitely worth it!
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lift weights at home, and for cardio I have a bike in front of my TV. I do thirty minutes at 12.9, and my heart rate stays in the 130-150 range.
  • mscott10184
    Options
    I found that if you don't have weights and cardio equipment that one of those stretchy bands with handles on each end is handy. I hook it round the leg of a table or banister and workout from there. you can do standing rows for your back or turn around and work the chest like a standing bench press. stand on the band and do bicep curls etc. works for me anyway. test them in the shop before buying it though as they come with different levels of resistance and you dont want to buy one thats too easy to begin with.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose (50+) and I know I need to exercise. I have a small house with no treadmill or elliptical. What is the best workout I can do at home? I did 2 days of the 30 day shred and it seems like a good workout especially since it's fast but I read conflicting things about it. Not sure if it is good for someone who needs to lose a lot of weight or just to tone up. I also don't have a lot of time to exercise so a half hour at most.

Any advice?

You tube has many free videos, also invest in a few weights from Walmart and go to yard sales to find a bike or treadmill
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    By the way, I lost 60 lbs at home and still going!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a great workout for beginners and those who need help creating a routine that sticks. It's a 20 minute workout that you do daily. You really don't need anything - dumbbells would be nice but if you can't get your hands on some, using soup cans or something similar will work. It kicked started my love of fitness last year because it actually works (if you work too), I highly recommend it.
  • youngamber82
    youngamber82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Saun T's Hip Hop Ab's is super fun. I got it off of Amazon for about $27 I believe and I just love it. So it is not super expensive and I am getting better at it each time I do it.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yes I am doing 1200 calories a day (or trying to most days). I want to lose weight, but also want to try to tone while losing if possible.

www.fitnessblender.com

They have a great variety of workouts including cardio, strength/toning and stretching, and it's all FREE.
  • MamaShalyn
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!!