feel like I burned a million calories yesterday

Options
chunkybun
chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
...but MFP tells me it was only 3,447.

We started the day at the ski hill at 8:30, strapped on the snowshoes and started on what we dubbed the "death march". It was pretty intense. Deep snow and steep terrain. We kept at it until noon, stopped for a light lunch then got half day lift tickets. we hit the slopes from 1-4. I could barely move by the end of the day. We went to the pub to end the day, and I managed to stick to coffee and tea while the others split a pitcher of beer. I also refrained from the greasy pub fare even though it smelled like a dream.

On the drive home, we snacked on some trail mix and gummy candies. We went home and had chicken with roasted veggies and salad for dinner, and I declined desert.

Overall, it was a fantastic day and I'm so proud that I didn't drink all the efforts away and the scale showed a pound and a half loss!

Replies

• GeoguyBri
    GeoguyBri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MMmmmmmm.... Pub fare... declining that is quite an accomplishment on it's own! PLUS you killed it today! WOOT!
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome work, and great restraint on the foods and drink! Good for you!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    only 3,447.

only? that is still a lot of calories burned, great job! :D ..... I would most definitely have opted for the pub food & drink afterwards :drinker:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! :drinker:

3447 calories is still an AWESOME burn, but consider next time using an HRM throughout to get a more accurate reading!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!