Weekend NSV

Options
I ran my second timed 5K this morning and took 4 minutes 18 seconds off my time from my first 5K on Thanksgiving Day. I'm still not fast but I'm seeing improvements. I'm still doing some walking but it's less and my running is getting faster.

How was your weekend?

Replies

• Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    well done! Congrats :)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great job!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I walked a total of 14 miles this weekend, and treated myself to my first beer of 2014 to celebrate ... and still stayed well under calorie goals.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. Mine was dead lifting my body weight at workout this weekend. Combination of me shrinking and me getting stronger = win:happy:
  • chsbulldogs92
    chsbulldogs92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I also took part in my 2nd 5k and finished 6 minutes faster than the first one I ran in November, also on Thanksgiving Day.

Not going to set any speed records, but all I care about in finishing and enjoying the experience.

Considering this time last year I was 90 pounds heavier and my only exercise was to walk to the fridge and back, I will take whatever finish time I earn.

This one was a little fun as it was a Mardi Gras themed 5k.

Time now to register for another one... :-)
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I burned over 3K calories on the ski hill (according to MFP). In any case, it was a killer day, and a great workout. Feeling sore, but proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!