It's all Greek to Me (Help with Gyro Calories!)

Options
Anyone have an idea how many cals are actually in a lamb gyro? The restaurant that I go to doesn't have nutrition info on the menu & my fitness pal has all different sorts of listings (From around 200 cals to around 800). Any Greeks or otherwise informed individuals who can help me out? (My gyro is lamb + pita + some hummus...no feta)

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Would vary wildly based on serving size. 150g lamb? 200g? more?

Guesstimate, and if you ever eat at the same place again, use the same entry you chose this time around.
  • malyce86
    Options
    Yeah, I have no clue... I saw an entry that listed the ingredients in mine (including the tomato) for 597 and I decided just to use that. It seems high enough to be realistic, but who knows?
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I run into Chinese food. I tend to pick the highest calorie option MFP has and hope for the best. At worse, I'm vastly over estimating my calories and putting myself at a deeper deficit for the day than I realize. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have no clue... I saw an entry that listed the ingredients in mine (including the tomato) for 597 and I decided just to use that. It seems high enough to be realistic, but who knows?

This is what I usually do, too.

As long as you're not guesstimating entries for a meal or two every day I think you should be fine :-)

Btw gyros - yum. I had chicken shawarma (sp?) on Saturday but those gyros were looking mighty tasty....mmmm
  • malyce86
    Options
    It was tasty! Aside from the pita, it seemed pretty healthy too. I guess I could have had a meat & veggie kabob for less calories, but eating should still be fun sometimes right? ;-)