Coming up to 4 weeks

Options
DaveInFL
DaveInFL Posts: 84 Member
As of Tuesday 25th February I will be at 4 weeks of tracking what I eat (as best I can) and tracking my exercise with Endomondo.
I'm 44, 5'7" and started at 184lbs. My goal is to get down to 170lbs. I've set myself a goal of approx 1600 which I know is slightly under my BMR, at least according to the calculators. I have to say, I don't feel too tired but I think for the next 4 weeks I will up my goal to be 1800 net calories per day.

I'll weigh myself in the morning but when I last weighed myself I was 179lbs, which I am quite happy with. 5lbs in 4 weeks is not too bad.

My diary is open, and there might be a few blank spots (I travel and it's not always easy to know what one is eating, especially when not eating at chain restaurants) and I'd be very grateful for some feedback and suggestions, although I do feel that I am doing ok so far.

Replies

• DaveInFL
    Options
    bump
  • DaveInFL
    Options
    Ok, so I believe that it's has been 4 weeks so far. Scales said 178.6lbs this morning so that's a little over 5lbs lost :)
    Would still like some feedback on my diary to see what people think. My goal is to get down to 170lbs.
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think you're dong great! 5lbs in 4 weeks when you dont have much to lose is brilliant. I'm no expert on food and BMR etc so I can't really comment. If it's coming off and you aren't starving yourself then :drinker:
  • DaveInFL
    Options
    Thanks. 170lbs is just my goal, that doesn't mean that's the perfect weight for me :) Doing some reading and looking at these perfect weight calculators, it would appear my ideal weight would be more around the 155lb mark or so. But, I don't know if that would be healthy for my body type to be honest. About 10 years ago I got down to 163 and most people (that hadn't seen me in a while) thought I looked sick, so go figure :) It think 170lb is a good target and then I'll reassess and see what the good lady wife thinks.