Waist expanding other shrinking

Options
My body parts are shrinking except waist. I have no clue why!
Any guesses

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stomach is the last thing to go for a lot of people. some women have more issues with their legs or butt. You just gotta keep at it and eventually everything will even out.
  • kiki2009
    kiki2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? I didn't think my waist was shrinking but in reality I lost 3.5 inches! Keep it up...it will come
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump.. i have a similar prob too. everything is shrinking and my belly looks bigger than ever
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world! I am apple shaped so I measure out like a barrel on two sticks. I am lifting weights to try and build up my legs and shoulders so that I look more proportional.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? I didn't think my waist was shrinking but in reality I lost 3.5 inches! Keep it up...it will come
    Yeah I do take measurements
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Be patient. My stomach is the last to go....unfortunately.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you store most of your fat in your stomach you could lose from other areas without losing from your stomach. Other issues could be internal bloating (potentially mild enough for it to not be uncomfortable). You may want to slowly eliminate foods known to cause bloating like dairy, grains or certain vegetables and fruits.

I'm to the point where my waist is increasing due to the strengthening of my core. Body fat is remaining the same.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It may happen later. When I was bigger, I was a definite apple shape, but as the weight has come off I am now a pear! As in, my waist is 10 inches smaller than my hips now. It might just take a while! :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Because everyone loses weight in different places first and last and we have no control over where our bodies lose fat. :)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So long as other places are shrinking, I wouldn't worry about it. :D
    I lost more inches in other places before they started coming off my waist. :)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My waist will stay the same for months and them bam, I'll lose 3" from it. I'm also apple shaped. My abdominal area had been the slowest to shrink but now it is coming off pretty quickly about 8 months in. Just keep working at it and be patient.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Stomach is the last thing to go for a lot of people. some women have more issues with their legs or butt. You just gotta keep at it and eventually everything will even out.

yes, this. We don't choose where we lose it first.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world! I am apple shaped so I measure out like a barrel on two sticks. I am lifting weights to try and build up my legs and shoulders so that I look more proportional.

Can I have your legs! mine are like tree trunks. (Smaller waist, large legs!) If only God had made a perfect pattern for us all:wink:
  • usmcmp
    Options

Can I have your legs! mine are like tree trunks. (Smaller waist, large legs!) If only God had made a perfect pattern for us all:wink:

Strength training can do wonders for changing our shape. I naturally have large thighs and store fat in my stomach area. Lifting weights and eating well have given me an hour glass shape.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Strength training can do wonders for changing our shape. I naturally have large thighs and store fat in my stomach area. Lifting weights and eating well have given me an hour glass shape.

how long has it taken you to start seeing results?
  • usmcmp
    Options

how long has it taken you to start seeing results?

It depends on where you start out at and what kind of work you put into it.

Here's an analogy I like. When you start out losing weight it's like using a paper towel roll. At the beginning you take off a few sheets and you don't see much change. Once you get closer to the end of the roll each sheet makes a more noticeable change than the last.

For women: if your body fat is 25-40+% you may not notice a significant difference in how you look when you strength train. It can help speed up fat loss as long as you are accurate in logging food. If you are below 24% the changes will be more apparent faster. That is of course if you are putting the effort in and not just going through the motions. The whole point of strength training is progressive overload, or increasing weights/volume over time.

**People see pictures of me at competition body weight and say they don't want the kind of muscles I have. I had to work very very hard to get to that point with very specific routines and very low body fat. You can't look as muscular or "manly" as me without significant effort designed to reach that point.