1000 calories left...not hungry...?

Options
Okay, so this is a really rare thing for me but to be honest it hasn't been a healthy food day for me. I did exercise a lot though so I still have 1000 calories left. Thing is, I'm stuffed and it feels weird eating more....

Do I eat more or is 1000 in deficit okay now and again? I don't want my metabolism etc being affected.

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. You could be coming down with a stomach flu or something.
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    This one time, it's totally fine, but you will probably find yourself hungrier than normal tomorrow. Remember that you had this extra deficit today and you can eat a bit more tomorrow.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Should not be an issue as long as you are sure to not do it too often.
    If you can manage it, some nuts or cheese or just a little something would be a good idea, but if not, eh.
  • kimgriffinapparently
    Options
    Cheers guy! Don't feel so bad now. I am just after a bad cold, so possibly connected.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Don't make it a habit and you'll be fine. Our hunger/appetite naturally fluctuate so I wouldn't worry.

Or... there's peanut butter... or ice cream...
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't reset a calorie-counter to 0 each night (unlike MFP). Many people have found it easier to eat back large deficits over a couple of days (or save for a few days for an upcoming splurge). A rule of thumb is "have it all balance out over the week." The TDEE approach is another way of evening things out.

Lastly, if you haven't read this MFP classic - along with the links in it, do!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me today, but I had a really good work out that "gained" me about 970 calories. I ate less than usual (just not very hungry) and am actually very happy that I finally tracked everything in my diary. Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about one day like this, as long as it doesn't become routine.