SWEETS!!!!!!!! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Chocolite Protein Bars!!!! (www.healthsmartfoods.com)

They are FANTASTIC!! My all-time-favorite is the triple chocolate fudge, but I also like the cookies-n-cream. My husband likes the cashew caramel, peanut butter, and cookies-n-cream.

They're about 100 calories, have about 10 g protein, about 10g fiber, about 100 calories, and are gluten free/sugar free.

They do NOT taste like "diet food". They're actually really good. I'll use those as a dessert or as a snack. LOVE THEM!!!

They do sell the different flavors individually so you can try them out. Not a fan of the smores, and there's a chocolate brownie one that I tried that I wasn't enthralled with. But to try one, it's only about $1.75 a bar, I think - or somewhere around there.

You can also find coupons for shipping discounts or other discounts on Retailmenot.com (look for carbolite).
  • slbobe
    slbobe Posts: 28
    Options
    Exactly!!! All I am trying to do is to learn how to eat portionwise and choose better. I am trying not to deprive myself because in the end I might just eat an entire ice cream bowl...not cool! Im just so very happy to see that I am not doing it wrong and that it isn't such a bad idea to fit it in my budget...after all, if there is a meal worth givig up the candy for, believe me I that I will. I feel happy so far...I have been loosing about 1.5 to 2 pnds a week, I guess that's not bad for a cookie monster like me!!!! Thanks all and keep doing what you're doing!!!!!
  • JoanneC1216
    Options
    I need help handling my sweets....although I stay within budget I tend to ALWAYS have a dessert (usually a 100 calorie pack); I am not a veggie fan, so the idea of me shacking on a celery or raw carrots isn't inspiring AT ALL. I don't know if even when I stay in or even under my daily calories, eating dessert everyday is hurting my progress. I have included salads to all my meals just to make sure I am full and I am snacking in fruits; still I don't know how to deal with my sweet tooth...HELP!!

This thread may help you... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1208251-what-my-psychologist-told-me
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    *blech* Veg as sweets?! I don't understand those people either. I need sugar. Proper satisfy-my-cravings sugar. What works for me are bananas (110 cal), strawberries (10 for 100 cal) and dates (5 for 100 cal). I usually have a banana nigh on every hour. This keeps my sugar cravings down.

You have a banana every hour?

Isnt eating in excess of like 9 bananas a day lethal?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Your having dessert everyday but within calorie goals and it's hurting your progress?
  • dapagu2004
    Options
    When I crave sweets I pop a cinnamon flavor natural chewing gum into my mouth. it's sweet and it keeps my mouth occupied, it doesnt totally eliminate cravings for sweets but helps a lot.