Is it normal to feel this way?

Options
Just about everyday when it's almost time for me to eat again (after every 3 hours or so), I begin feeling light-headed, weak, tired, depressed, faint, and my hands begin to shake like crazy.

Is this normal??

I don't know if this helps but I'm 17 years old, 126 lbs, 5'6'' in height, and I take Adderall everyday. I take Adderall for my ADD but it also controls my appetite quite a bit. I also eat 1,340 calories a day, but sometimes that doesn't feel like it's enough - especially at the end of the day... :noway:

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    you may need to go get your blood checked. you might be hypoglycemic and your blood sugar is bottoming out. this is just my opinion. I would definitely go to the doc though. If you feel like you need to eat more then you probably do.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    make sure you arent hypoglysemic, your symptoms sound like a co workers, again, were not medical professionals here, but your symptons sounds a little alarming

Good luck and I hope everything turns out well.........Lloyd
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Try eating more frequently and reducing your weekly weight loss goal so you have more calories to work with right away! You don't need to feel faint or ill in order to lose weight. Also, consider checking with your doctor about the side effects of your medication and about whether they feel it is safe for you to lose weight.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    ooops, laughing, lol.......sorry, you and I thought the same thing as well..............I hope she gets checked out, shes really young . Lloyd
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Get your blood sugar levels checked. They may be dipping too low. Also you may be dehydrated or not eating enough vitamins. Try a multivitamin. Have you been on Aderol long or is it new to you?
  • emersoam
    Options
    START EATING MORE!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    ooops, laughing, lol.......sorry, you and I thought the same thing as well..............I hope she gets checked out, shes really young . Lloyd

LOL Great minds think alike....
  • Bittner
    Options
    I would suggest having your doctor take you off the drug, all drugs have severe side effects, plus there are many diets out there to help control ADD