"The Fat Trap"

Is this a REALLY discouraging article or what???
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?pagewanted=all

Like, oh my gosh, am i really going to have to obsess with food every single day of my life just to stay thin?? I DO NOT WANT TO BE OBSESSED WITH MY WEIGHT OR FOOD!!!!!!!! I am SO tired of that bull**** because i have battled an eating disorder in the past, it's SO horrible, to constantly think of nothing but food and weight.
I can't believe this article I'm reading, i feel super discouraged. What do you guys think?

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    You do not have to obsess, but yes, you do need to be mindful of what you eat, even after you reach goal.

The idea of dieting to lose weight, then indiscriminately stuffing oneself with whatever they want without fear of regaining it all back is just laughable.

It's like brushing and flossing your teeth to avoid cavities. Do you need to "obsess" over your oral hygiene, constantly brushing six times a day and keeping floss with you wherever you go? Of course not, but it is something you need to keep up on to avoid an unpleasant consequence.

Whether you "obsess" over it, or just make it a part of your daily routine, is up to you.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Lift weights and build muscle. Concentrate on body composition over the scale. We increase metabolism when we reduce our bodyfat %.
    We all have to be mindful yes but it isn't the doom and gloom of that article that encourages people to say "f' it, it's too late for me." :noway: