"I get by with a little a help from my friends..." New User!

Hey everyone!

My name's Marco. I'm 27 and a new MFP user. I'm not new to counting calories (specifically Macronutrients) buuuuut have been a yo-yo dieter most of my life. I was very chunky in elementary school and lost weight during middle school and high school due to sports...i never really got a hang of eating well though. My family motto is..."We eat till we are tired, not till we are full!" hahaha anyway...I gained a ton of weight during my college years i'm around 5'7 and weighed in at almost 220 pounds! I met a ton of people from my major (exercise nutrition science) at San Diego State and my three best buds (who happen to be fitness enthusiasts) helped me to lose 50 pounds! BUUUUUT i gained most of it back.

I'm no here so I can lose about 35 lbs. I just want to be healthy and not get diabetes like most of my family members. I also want to inspire the people around me (most importantly, my students! I am a CA credentialed Science and PE teacher).

I also want to look hot for my GF haha! DUH!

Anyway, ADD ME! Let's inspire each other!

PS- I've been using a ton of the beach body work out programs (p90x=AWESOME, p90x2= fantastic, Insanity = I got injured haha, Bodybeast = FUN, T25 = too much cardio, and NOW i'm doing p90x3 since it is only 30 minutes and is AMAZINGLY fun.) I have also tried Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, and GSP Rushfit...Does anyone else do any of these workout programs? If so, let me know what you think. I can't seem to stick with one. The only one i actually finished were p90x and p90x2 haha.

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Welcome to MFP, and I totally get the fear of diabetes, no one in my family has it but being over weight it's definitely something to be aware of, along with many other health issues. Good luck and welcome to MFP :)