Have your feet gotten smaller

Options
Well I am almost down 20 lbs, but my shoes I wear to work every day seem to be flipping off the back of my feet already... Will my feet so to speak get smaller? Has anyone went down shoe sizes?

Replies

• MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have not gone down a size but some shoes definitely do not fit anymore. I went to a my husband's work holiday party and was falling out of my heels all night.

On the bright side....shoe shopping!!:laugh:
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 lbs before gaining weight back, but no shoe size reduction occurred!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think it varies from person to person. I've gone down half a size, but I have narrow feet to begin with. My fiance's roommate went down a size and a half.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Man I hope so. I had a great shoe collection before I had babies. I would love to be able to wear them again. Esp if we end up moving to a colder climate.
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I thought this was only me. Yes, I started at a size 7, and now 6's slip off of me! I am snug and nice in a 5.5 now. Very weird, Maybe I was just over-estimating my feet before?
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yep. I only lost 2 st (28lbs) to hit maintenance but find most of my shoes became loose. I also find my feet are less likely to get puffy through the day. The odd things is, perhaps because I'm a mountain walker of 17yrs, I didn't carry wt on my legs so had skinny ankles to start with, now they look fit to snap!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think it would have to do with swelling more than actual loss of foot size. I know that, when I'm carrying more weight, my feet swell and splay. When I'm lighter, they don't swell as much and don't splay as much, so they seem smaller. Make sense? But, as the other ladies have pointed out - SHOE SHOPPING!!! :love:
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    If my feet get any smaller I will have to start buying shoes from the children's section.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I went from a 10 to a 8 /12 - 9.

I had to get all new shoes.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My feet have definitely gotten smaller. My old shoes look like boats on my feet and don't fit at all. My feet are much narrower and don't get puffy. I was wearing 9.5 WWW, now I wear around 8-8.5 regular width shoes. I used to have to special order my shoes online, now I can find comfortable shoes anywhere:)
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I already do this! My favorite pair of shoes are from the girl's section! Eeek. :noway:
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've gone down two sizes in about 5 years. From a 7 to a 5-sometimes-6.
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes, the same thing happened to me! I was 7.5 before losing 30 pounds a couple years ago and now I'm more like 6.5 in dress shoes, 7 in sneakers.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yup, I was really surprised to realize that my 8.5-9 shoes were too big to wear! Down to a solid 8 now, really never thought my -feet- would get smaller, it makes sense but it's kinda funny what you discover on this journey XD
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I lost 80lbs I went from a size 8 to a size 6.5! I thought it was odd but I guess not:tongue:
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Always been a six but now they are really flapping about. Prob a 5.5 now.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Well I am almost down 20 lbs, but my shoes I wear to work every day seem to be flipping off the back of my feet already... Will my feet so to speak get smaller? Has anyone went down shoe sizes?

Nope. My shoe size is the same.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Um I thought it was wierd that I recently bought 4 prs of shoes that were 1/2 size smaller than usual :ohwell:
  • rle2512
    rle2512 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep! was planning on re-wearing shoes to the christmas party from last year, 30 lbs down, and they wouldnt stay on at all!