flax seeds

Options
I recently purchased some flax seeds after hearing they help keep you full, but I have yet to incorporate them into my diet. What do you think of flax seeds and what foods do you add them to? Is there something you like better than flax seeds? Thanks for all your input :)

Replies

• akomantoso
    Options
    I love them. My go to is adding them to yogurt and to smoothies, they are also great added into baked goods, on top of salads etc.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I put flax seeds in the muesli I make, mainly because I like the texture when eating them. I don't know if they keep you full or not, though...
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Make sure they r ground up.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I put flax seeds on my breakfast cereal in the mornings, I don't think I'll be buying any more once these are gone, as I haven't noticed any real difference.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Aren't flax seeds a good source of protein?
    Planning on adding these to my diet to up the protein intake. Probably as a powder to yogurt/smoothies.
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seeds are said to have many health improving properties irrespective of whether they make you feel full or not. Lots of omega 3 fatty acids, lignans and are high fibre. I use them when making banana/egg grain free pancakes, they give a fab texture. Make sure you use the ground ones as the body struggles to digest whole seeds.