Simple, free trick to shed several more pounds/month

louie377
louie377 Posts: 30 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
You may think you know this. But I bet you don't know it in this WAY... Water.

Drinking water increases fat-burning. The reason is due to the fact that water relieves the burden on the liver by keeping your kidneys doing the filtering. When kidneys are taxed from too little water your liver has to take over and help... and... your liver is your primary fat burning organ. So... there you go Ah, But There's More. I've told you that bit before. Here's what I have not told you:

Drink 16 ounces of pure water 15 minutes before eating and you will drop weight. Researchers testing hydration found that
drinking water prior to meals significantly decreased the amount of food consumed. One reason is the "duh" factor: Your stomach feels more full Who'd thunk it? ; )

The other is more technical... In order to keep acidity levels optimized the body begins to increase its core temperature slightly. This state called "thermogenesis" is prime for fat burning purposes. So you get a triple benefit: 1. More appetite control;
2. Increased thermogenesis (fat burning); 3. Increased hydration (less stress on liver= more fat burning.) This makes plain old water the number one fat burner you can drink on earth.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Better yet, drink ice water & REALLY make your thermogenesis machine kick in!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    Thanks I know this but forget it's really sad :( Shame on me I needed to hear this gotta go get some H2O!!! Thanks again :laugh:
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Thank you for the reminder! I need to start being more conscious of my water intake, I always let that slide. I don't think I've had any water today!
  • louie377
    louie377 Posts: 30 Member
    If you can be consistent for 3 weeks you wll form a good habits. buy the 16 oz spring water in bottles and put them in your car or always make sure you have available. I count any liquid,coffee,soy milk,etc I drink also as liquid :)
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    :drinker: BUMP!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Well it is a darn good thing that water is my most favorite beverage ever! I could drink 50 glasses a day...........................................yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the greatest resource on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    what helps me is that i bought one of those resuable cups (16oz) that has a straw in it. for some reason, it is so much easier for me to drink water when i have a straw. maybe because it's kind of like drinking a fountain drink. idk, but it works for me. now, everyday i drink at least 8 cups without a problem.
  • alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Interesting, I usually drink a lot of mate. Mate is an Argentinean tea. When I moved to USA, I stop to drink mate, but now with diet, I am drinking again, and I feel satisfy, and I do not want to eat a lot at lunch or dinner time.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Funny how we so neglect water when it is the most important thing for not only weight loss but survival it's self. Not to mention, it's the universe’s #1 solvent.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I put a Filtrete Water Station on my Christmas list. I think it is one of the best ideas ever!
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Where did you get your no smoking banner?
  • joyfulmommaof2
    joyfulmommaof2 Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks for sharing!! :D
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I used to keep a jug of weak cordial in the fridge (not a lover of plain water, so this is better than nothing) and every time I'd reach for a snack I'd have a cold glas of squash first. 9 times out of 10 I didn't go bsck for the snack. Need to start doing this again. Thanks for the reminder!

Kx
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Thanks for posting this, I do drink a lot of water but I don't think I drink a full bottle before meals....good tip!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    When i first started back on the road to good health 6 weeks ago i found it very difficult to drink 8 glasses of water. I just wasn't used to it, i used to fill up on diet soda's and drink loads of coffee. After reading a post here on the danger of diet soda's it put me off for life, i now drink easily 8 glasses of water and I find i don't need reminding because I crave it. I have the occasional tea or coffee but the majority of my days are spent only drinking water and I love it. My skin looks peachy and I feel it has cleaned my system of toxins.

I also notice a better weight loss when I have drank at least 8 glasses a day. When i have only managed 2 or 3 in the early days the scales stayed the same, as soon as I upped my water intake the weight came off. I am a big fan of it and what's more it's free. I now don't worry about eating in the evening so much as I used to because I know with a few glasses of water I won't have any cravings for evening nibbles.
This discussion has been closed.