Just Started Focus T25

Options

Replies

• pdiehm
    pdiehm Posts: 14
    Options
    Speed 1.0 done for week 1. marked barely made it because of the moves and how awkward they were...other than that I handled it pretty well.

did it barefoot, and left foot still screaming at me, so it's clear I have some issues in my arch, but as I did when I played sports, will push through it. Hurt is not injured.
  • pdiehm
    Options
    Day 3 - T25 Alpha Total Body Circuit.

Another Barely Made It. A lot of the moves were coordination moves, and that's very very much a weak spot. Honestly, it was a bad workout for me. According to my FitBit, I only burned 159 calories in the workout.

The plank positions were extremely difficult for me, and I am sure tomorrow's Ab Day is going to be excruciatingly hard for me given the lack of core strength.

Having said that, I will not give up. I will not quit. I will keep pushing. It may not be pretty, and I may take breaks, but I will finish my 25 minutes.

It would be very nice if there was a small window in the corner of Tonya doing the modified moves, so you could always see what that is.

T25 - Day 3...COMPLETE!

OUT!
  • jweatherbie
    jweatherbie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Got Day 2 in, was easier than Day 1. Stayed with the 50% regular, 50% modifier. Still far from their speed on regular but it's a continuing process. Played hockey last night for an hour after doing T25 speed 1.0 and ended the day with a 2000 calorie deficit according to MFP and fitbit. The reward - 2 lbs lighter this morning than I was on Monday morning.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    How do you log in the T25 in your exercise log? Thanks!

I put it under high impact aerobics or you can write "T 25" in yourself. It gives you that option if you search for it and it's not there under Cardiovascular in your exercise journal. That is only good if you use a HRM because there isn't a default for amounts.
    I only use one for cardio (most of the time) but don't for weights. I just want to concentrate on form, etc. and my HRM works better on just cardio, so I use the default under Cardio for strength training. I don't eat back all my calories so the amounts aren't that important, how I look and feel do more.
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I just started T25. Anyone else feel like their heart is going to explode while doing it? Or does anyone else have to take breaks? We just started like I said, but we can hardly get through the disks (even with modifiers) without having to take a couple of seconds to stop and catch our breath or take a sip of water.

I know we just started, but DAMN its hard (its good, don't get me wrong), I just want to know if other people also have to take quick pauses too, or if we are just terribly out of shape and in over our heads.

(Or who also have terrible coordination like me and have trouble moving from one to another seamlessly).

AND one gripe. Anyone find that having super fit people on these disks is frustrating too? I mean, I want to see someone like me on there, so I know it works for real people who are trying to get in shape... Just my 2 cents.

Any info is appreciated. Have a great one!
  • jweatherbie
    Options
    I just did day 3 of Alpha last night at 11pm (total body workout) and I found it to be the hardest yet. I had to follow the modifier about 75% of the time. I take a few 15 second breaks (only 1 to 2). I have paused/slow motion playback a couple times so I can look at the screen to figure out what moves they are doing.

I know exactly what you mean about coordination. I looked like I was having a seizure last night when I was doing a few of the moves. I find I am more stressed out about doing the moves than the actual exercise involved. I am thinking it will get easier as I get through the videos a couple times.

Keep at it, I'm down 3.5 lbs this week after 3 days. I'm following the MFP calorie control as well and have managed to have a 3000 calorie deficit so far this week. My target is get under 270 by the start of next week. First time in 3 years and only 50 more days to a vacation in the Caribbean:)
  • pdiehm
    Options
    I log it just by going off my calories burnt on my fitbit. Accurate? I don't know, but I can figure it out by when I do the exercises.

As for today....T25 - Alpha Ab Intervals...may be the worst thing I've ever done.
  • Nola4
    Nola4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey

I am on week 2 Day 4 and I totally get what your saying. BUT, me and my best friend are doing it together and we both can already find the routines becoming easier. Some disks are more fun and easier then others but they all definitely work your body hard. The total body circuit is no joke and I find myself dizzy if I don't slow down. LOL. I do find myself rolling my eyes when he walks up to the super fit girl. I have read the other people on the videos stories and apparently they lost all their weight on the program. Keep on Pushing! Good Luck
  • Deeni11
    Options
    Hi, I'm on day 4 of the first week. I'm sweating bullets after this work out. I haven't take my "before" photo or weight/measured myself. I must do that tonight. Good luck!
  • Deeni11
    Options
    My husband and I just started as well..today will be day 4. I'm a fairly coordinated person but there are things I just cannot do yet. I tend to follow the modified version for the more difficult things...Good luck!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I just started T25. Anyone else feel like their heart is going to explode while doing it? Or does anyone else have to take breaks? We just started like I said, but we can hardly get through the disks (even with modifiers) without having to take a couple of seconds to stop and catch our breath or take a sip of water.

I know we just started, but DAMN its hard (its good, don't get me wrong), I just want to know if other people also have to take quick pauses too, or if we are just terribly out of shape and in over our heads.

(Or who also have terrible coordination like me and have trouble moving from one to another seamlessly).

AND one gripe. Anyone find that having super fit people on these disks is frustrating too? I mean, I want to see someone like me on there, so I know it works for real people who are trying to get in shape... Just my 2 cents.

Any info is appreciated. Have a great one!

I wish more older woman were in them 40's, even 50's are in great shape. Show it! Some DVD's I like, have older women or one that isn't rail thin, I appreciate it. I don't want to model a 20 year old, I want to be a strong 50-something year old and up. I understand marketing, but so many over 30 women are in great shape, I think it would inspire more to see different shapes, ages, doing the exercises too along with the more "model" types.
  • boxerdogsamy
    boxerdogsamy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was doing Body Revolution with Jillian Michaels and thought about changing to the T25. I did about 3 days of it and decided that, like you said, some of the moves were hard to do when you aren't that well co-ordinated. I have to say honestly, that I find the BR a better workout than the T25. I'm starting back to BR on Monday but until then I'm just hitting my treadmill. I also found that about 5-10 minutes into T25 that my insteps were very sore regardless of the shoes that I wore. I don't get that with BR.
  • RunHappyMe
    RunHappyMe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So interesting. I am looking for something that is downloadable and not a CD. The T25 sound appealing due to its 25 minutes!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Following as I am looking to start in about 4 weeks after Body Revolution. My ankles get a bit stiff in the morning from BR so the mentions of pain worry me a bit but I hear a lot of good things about the workout.
  • pdiehm
    Options
    I got mine online and a certain website. just search, they are out there and mine included Gamma, and all the workout charts and such.
  • pdiehm
    Options
    Today is Cardio and Lower Focus. I probably will split them up into 2 different routines one this morning and one in the afternoon (as I am working from home). I also have Week 3, Day 3 of my C25K run that I'll be doing at lunchtime.

So today appears to be one of them 700 calorie exercise days.
  • asherman1008
    Options
    I just finished day 3, total body circuit, and it was brutal! Looking forward to mastering it.
  • pdiehm
    Options
    Alpha Lower Focus (am) is complete. Got my run in about 2.5 hours, then at 3 or so, the cardio alpha gets plugged in.
  • jweatherbie
    Options
    I have only been tracking off of my Fit Bit. I found that on the Ab Intervals it probably wasn't accurate as a lot of the moves were on the mat but I was fine with it, I got on the elliptical after to get more steps in.

Last night was Day 4 and the first one my kids (girl 12 and boy 14) did with me. They loved it. My daughter broke her leg in October and then sprained her knee after the cast came off and she said the workout made her knee and leg feel better. She couldn't do the last exercise, her ankle is still too stiff, but overall it was a great workout for all of us. We are skipping tonight and doing the exercises tomorrow since the kids each have a hockey game tonight and there is no time.

I feel good enough this week that I rode the elliptical last night (only 10 minutes but high enough intensity to sweat) and this morning (20 minutes) before anyone got up. I am liking the feeling of looking forward to the workout now since I know I can do it, it won't be pretty and I may have to stop and reverse to figure out the movements but I have been able to get through everything.
  • pdiehm
    Options
    T25 Alpha Lower Focus - COMPLETE!

C25K Week 3, Day 3 - COMPLETE

I don't have anything left in the tank for Alpha Cardio today, so that'll happen tomorrow at some point.