How long did it take you to reach your goal?

Hey! I only started 3 weeks ago but I was wondering how long it took you to reach your goal and how much did you lose? Any tips? Thanks!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    It took me about a year to lose 55 pounds.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    It took me 2 years to lose 100 lbs.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    3 years to lose 65 lbs, but I also had a baby in that time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I have not yet reached my goal but it has taken me 11 months to lose 67 lb.

ETA: It has taken me a bit over 5 years to lose a total of 113 lb. The 67 lb above are just going way, way faster because of MFP.
  • It has taken me about 2.5 years to lose 164 pounds. I have had bariatric surgery and have stuck with my doc's orders. High protein, low carb diet
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Just under a year.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    8 months for my first goal, my remaining goals are life long.
  • newGenn
    newGenn Posts: 11 Member
    Hi,
    I recently came back to MFP. Looking for new friends. I wasn't very successful the first time around but am very determined this time!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    That's a very subjective question and depends on many factors. Each person's journey is unique. It depends on your body type, how well you eat, how much you stick to your plan, and how much you have to lose. Keep in mind that most doctors will recommend you lose no more than 2 lbs a week, unless they are actually supervising your weight loss. They they might tell you that you can lose more than that. I think if you stick to your plan for the majority of the time you could expect about a 1 lb per week average.

As for me, it's taken me 16 months to lose 141, however I had bypass surgery, so you can't really compare your weight loss to mine. I lost the first 100 in about 6 months, then it's taken me the next 10 months to lose the last 41.

Remember, it's not a sprint to the finish line. Those of us with weight problems will always have weight problems. Even during maintenance you still have to keep track of what you eat, or else you will slowly start climbing again. Rare is the person who can not pay attention to what they ate, and never gain some back.
  • joandue
    joandue Posts: 84 Member
    14 months for 65 lbs but still going.
  • bjm223
    bjm223 Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks everyone! And well done to you all!
  • bjm223
    bjm223 Posts: 36 Member
    Good luck to you!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    My tip is to never give up. Remember progress, not perfection. Trust the process and love it. ;)
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    I've lost 92 lbs since March 2012 but had a good long pause somewhere in the middle. :)
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    2 months in Military basic training lol been maintaining since my freedom with a few rough patches
  • What great advice! I am just starting on my journey with a gastric sleeve in April. It is just a tool. Not a sprint. :wink:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    10 months to lose 10 kg.

Have kept it off for 4 months since then.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    It took me about 15 months to lose 33.6kg/74lbs (from 101.1kg to 67.5kg -- from Sep '12 to Dec '13). I've lost about three more kilos after that.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    It took me about nine months to lose 39 pounds. I opted for slow and steady. I am now trying to learn how to maintain, though it seems more difficult than losing weight because I keep slowly losing weight.