Want more vegan friends

Options
Hi.

I've been on MFP for almost a year but my activity has stalled a bit due to a number of reasons. Now I would like to make some additions to my friends list. Since I became vegan in January, it would be great to have more vegan friends with open diaries to get some ideas. I'm looking for active and supportive people. =o)

Replies

• MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    still looking
  • The_Raspberry
    The_Raspberry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Did you check the happy herbivores group? Lots of vegans there!

I'm vegetarian, if you like you can add me.
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm mostly vegan, rather nutritarian. Feel free to add me! :)
  • eelizabeth12
    eelizabeth12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just recently switched to a vegan diet, so I would love to have other knowledgeable vegans around to answer questions or give advice and support :) Feel free to add me!
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I switched to plant based eating in January. It is a big change for me. I would say I'm at about 90% right now. I am learning new things constantly and would love to have more vegan friends on MFP.
  • anybodys_fruit
    anybodys_fruit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is so good to know that I am not the only one here! Feel free to add me!
  • stronghealthywoman
    stronghealthywoman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan/raw for 2 years now....and would love to have vegan friends...add me!
  • Siriku
    Siriku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also Vegan, feel free to add. My diary is open.
  • FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am a recent (as in this is my first full week.) convert to the vegan lifestyle. I am very interested in new friends to encourage me along the way.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, but i don't always log. I like to use MFP to log my exercise, and log when i switch something up.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    im vegan but my diary is not openn

ah well
  • Demerygirl61
    Demerygirl61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am not vegan but I eat a primary vegetable based diet with some seafood. I have very little dairy in my diet (cheese); although on occasion I purchase veggie cheese. I drink almond milk and I don't eat eggs. I checked out several vegan recipe books from my local library and was pleasantly surprised of the number of recipes included in the cookbook. I am very interested in trying out some of the vegan Indian recipes with lentils. One of my primary problems I experienced when considering becoming a vegan is finding products such as breads, not made with eggs. I usually eat oatmeal in the morning with blueberries/raspberries and walnuts. I use Splenda to sweeten my oatmeal (I have used honey, but since I am diabetic I needed a low sugar option). Lunch is usually a veggie based soup (Publix has a fantastic spring vegetable soup that I like) or a tomato and cheese sandwich. Dinner is something quick and easy. Since I have been trying to eat better and find better snack. I usually have fruit, a granola bar or yogurt for desert. Have you found any vegan breads, yogurts, cheese (without any animal byproducts)? Also, do you use soy products, such as Boca, Amy's or Morning Star Farms? I eat the black bean burgers sometimes but thought about making my own from scratch since I am trying to stay away from highly processed foods. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michelle
  • Docfloyd
    Docfloyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I doubt i'd ever become a vegan. I'm in the process of being vegetarian. I hope to be full on meatless by 2015. Back in 2012 i tried to become a vegetarian cold turkey. But i had no experience, no help, and mostly just ate beans and rice. It only lasted 6 months. now since the start of 2014 i'm slowing going down how many times i eat meat a week. Currently at 3 times a week instead of everyday with almost every meal. I've been taking vegetarian cooking classes we have in town and have learned alot more and like is said before hope to be meat free by 2015 and beyond.

anybody can add me, especially if you have any great vegan or vegetarian recipes to share!
  • FramcescaMM
    Options
    Hey there, I'm a vegetarian but I eat eggs on occasion. But my diet is mainly plants and green things, I added you! :)
  • nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian (cheese is my kryptonite) here with an occasional transgression (usually seafood) but a majority of my meals are vegan friendly so if it doesn't bother you then please add me as well. :smile:
  • FlyersGirlrc
    FlyersGirlrc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! My nutritionist calls me a flexitarian. I try to eat vegan at least 1-2 days per week but still include some fish and dairy into my diet. I struggle with this but hope to one day be completely animal-free. Please add me, I could use the inspiration!