8 entries for the same ice cream, and none of them correct

Options
2»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Can anyone walk me through the steps to manually add a food? I know how to do the recipe, but how do you manually add a food with adjusted calories to your food diary when searches come up inaccurate? Also, can you adjust macros or just calories?

Thanks

The better thing to do, instead of adding yet another entry for the same food that's already in there 18 times, is to edit one of the incorrect entries and make it correct, then use that one. Click on nutrition info and when it asks if it's correct, click "no" and edit the entry. You can change anything, macros, micros, calories and serving size.

ETA this wouldn't apply to something that isn't in the database at all, which is pretty rare.

brains....and tastes good...deadly combination :bigsmile:

:smooched: Now I'm off to get my spoonful of gelato. :bigsmile:

but if it is a spoonful isn't it ge little not geLOT...I am so confused...grams or ounces?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I find the correct calories online and just save all of my regular stuff in "my foods." People on MFP enter things incorrectly all the time.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Can anyone walk me through the steps to manually add a food? I know how to do the recipe, but how do you manually add a food with adjusted calories to your food diary when searches come up inaccurate? Also, can you adjust macros or just calories?

Thanks

The better thing to do, instead of adding yet another entry for the same food that's already in there 18 times, is to edit one of the incorrect entries and make it correct, then use that one. Click on nutrition info and when it asks if it's correct, click "no" and edit the entry. You can change anything, macros, micros, calories and serving size.

ETA this wouldn't apply to something that isn't in the database at all, which is pretty rare.

brains....and tastes good...deadly combination :bigsmile:

:smooched: Now I'm off to get my spoonful of gelato. :bigsmile:

but if it is a spoonful isn't it ge little not geLOT...I am so confused...grams or ounces?

It is a little, but that's because my carbs were higher than I wanted today. And grams. Look at my diary! And don't pay attention to the red, I haven't been to the gym yet. :tongue: