Diet/food advice

Options
Hi, I'm getting ready for my wedding and I'm starting to really try and watch what I eat. I'm trying to up my protein but I find it so hard sine I feel like my body cravs sweets and carbs. I am aiming on consuming 1200 calories. I'm looking for some recipes or simple, good ideas for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    If you like sweet, Greek yogurts are a nice way to get some protein for a decently low amount of calories. Cottage cheese, string cheese, peanut butter, fish, pork, chicken, quinoa, some legumes are some starts :)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I do plain greek yogurt and add a sweetner like Stevia. I know some folks don't like the idea of Stevia but for a sugar junkie it sure does help! I also use some of the Walden Farms products. The marshmallow dip is is a good one and tastes great in yogurt or smoothies or pretty much anything you want to sweeten up. Those products have nothing in them... no calories, fat, carbs, etc.. just trace calories. If you're eliminating carbs you're going to crave sweets for a while but it'll pass.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow makes some wonderful ice cream bars and crisp bars which are lower cal and taste fantastic. Sugar free jello and pudding with a little whipped topping is yummy too.

For lower carb, cheese, greek yogurt and eggs are great. I use Mission carb control wraps instead of bread for sandwiches. It has 13gm of fiber in one tortilla. Chicken, tuna, any kind of meat really. Do an online search and you'll find tons of recipes.