Help me move to TDEE

Options
I've tried various workout routines over the last few weeks and I've finally decided on CLX. Since it is based so much on weights the results from my HRM are basically useless. For instance today was Burn 1 that I followed with P90 100 ab routine. Said I burned 540 calories. No flipping way, maybe half that at best. I plan to follow the CLX routine but I may add another cardio on the Tuesdays that are supposed to be off days but that may vary. Question is what do I put for activity level. I put my daily as pretty sedentary but that can vary a bit depending on exactly what's going on at work. (need a fitbit to test that but don't want to spend the money for something I'm not going to use long term) Being that CLX is much more weight based than cardio based do I use the 1-3hrs of light exercise or the 3-5hrs of moderate exercise? Difference is about 200 calories a day. Main goal in all of this is to lose inches in my midsection. I've put a goal weight but could care less really, I just want my stomach back flat again.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Until you know for sure you're doing the same calorie burn predictably for the long term, I'd personally stick with light exercise. But that's me.
  • popo312
    popo312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Until you know for sure you're doing the same calorie burn predictably for the long term, I'd personally stick with light exercise. But that's me.

Sounds like a plan. I know more or less the work I'm going to be doing it's just the calorie burn is a guestimate.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    it's just the calorie burn is a guestimate.

So just pick a calorie amount in that range somewhere. Be consistent for 6 weeks. Then see where you're at.