Weight loss & supplements

Options
Ive been hitting the gym pretty hard in the evenings and am down 13 pounds so far over a few weeks by doing almost all cardio (mostly water weight im guessing). Id like to be around 220 when its all said and done and have started mixing whey protien into my diet. I also started taking Cellucor Super HD and CLK together and it seems to get me going like a mad man on the treadmill and elliptical. Id rather not stay taking a ton of supplements to lose weight and I am always under my goal for the day. Are there any "healthy" alternatives that would act like how I feel on Super HD? Pre-workouts work great for me but they typically dont taste very good. Any suggestions?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Pro-tip:

You don't have to even GO to the gym to lose weight.

Why not just eat at a moderate deficit and workout to get strong/awesome? If you're shooting for good cardio health, do cardio. Like being strong? Pick up heavy stuff.

...but you're just spinning your wheels if you're only doing all that cardio to see "Calories burned during exercise = "
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    your goals and supplements/protein doesn't really seem to add up.

If you are taking whey and such, wouldn't you rather throw in some heavy lifting between the cardio.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Pro-tip:

You don't have to even GO to the gym to lose weight.

Why not just eat at a moderate deficit and workout to get strong/awesome? If you're shooting for good cardio health, do cardio. Like being strong? Pick up heavy stuff.

...but you're just spinning your wheels if you're only doing all that cardio to see "Calories burned during exercise = "

This...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    your goals and supplements/protein doesn't really seem to add up.

If you are taking whey and such, wouldn't you rather throw in some heavy lifting between the cardio.

no way bro.....its for the heart and lung gainz!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Caffeine.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

What do you mean by that? Just curious. I burn a ton of calories running. Not disagreeing with you, just don't know what you're talking about an genuinely curious.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

What do you mean by that? Just curious. I burn a ton of calories running. Not disagreeing with you, just don't know what you're talking about an genuinely curious.

It's just my opinion. If I go to the gym, it's for me to get stronger/faster/healthier. It isn't me being a hamster on a wheel, running until I see a certain number of calories burned.
  • jkal01
    Options
    Cardio = burning calories fairly quick. Whey = lean muscle. Yes I could just pound the whey and lift a ton of stuff but in my case its more for the lean factor.

Its also 15 degrees outside so running at the gym makes sense to me
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal?
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Caffeine.

And creatine.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

It's just my opinion. If I go to the gym, it's for me to get stronger/faster/healthier. It isn't me being a hamster on a wheel, running until I see a certain number of calories burned.

Ah. I see. Yeah, I prefer to run outside, but sure do like having the treadmill for training in the winter. And knocking down 800 or 1,000 calories on a long run sure is nice on the weekend!