2 weeks no lbs lost

Options
2»

Replies

• kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's so hard not to get discouraged when you don't see the scale move and you've been working your butt off (literally!).
    I have the same motivation problem. What I have to keep telling myself is as long as the scale isn't moving up, it's not all bad. Try stepping up your water intake or supplementing some of your meat (which often has lots of salt) with more veggies.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My suggestion - don't worry about the scale. Take measurements and track those instead of the scale. My weight hasn't moved in almost 2 months but I am way down in inches lost. Taking pictures over time helps too.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your input. gonna put things into practice. I did want to point out,however, that i only had incomplete days for 4 days and those days were crazy days for me.

thanks to all.

I do have another question. Some of you have asked about weighing my food? Who has time for that? You walk around with a scale all day? This reminds me of a prison line. Philosophically , I gues it is like a prison.

I understand life being hectic and whatnot. It happens.

But when you ask why you're not losing, and then your diary is incomplete.....there's your answer. Crazy days or not, if you don't log everything 100%, you can't expect results. I'm not trying to shame you or say you're a failure. You're not. But the only way to lose weight is to know 100% without question what you are eating.

And I do weigh all my food (unless it's prepackaged or comes from a restaurant, then I just go by the calorie count listed). It takes maybe 5 minutes of my day. I pack my lunch in the morning and weigh out the food I put in the bag. I weigh my food as I'm cooking dinner. It's not hard and not time consuming. But it does get me the results I want.