HANGRY

Replies

• chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member

Is there something magical about Fridays I am unaware of?

I know about Happy Hour but was unaware of anything to do with it being the optimal weigh in day.

Before the weekend temptations I assume.

Huh... I will have to change my official day then I guess. I've been using Saturday mornings after a Friday out!

Monday. Monday is clearly the optimal weigh in day. DUH!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Please don't tell me you weigh yourself every time you eat??
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Go have a huge salad with lots of veggies and a pouch of tuna for around 250 calories. If you want more food. Eat larger amounts of low calories high fiber/protein foods.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Eat, not eating will slow your metabolism. Never weigh yourself during the day. Only weigh yourself first thing in the morning on Friday mornings, if that.

Is there something magical about Fridays I am unaware of?

I know about Happy Hour but was unaware of anything to do with it being the optimal weigh in day.

Hahaha Fridays are magical - you've been good all week and it's before all the damage people tend to do on the weekend. Then again, the water weight loss due to happy hour always makes my Saturdays pretty good too :laugh:

:drinker:

That's EXACTLY why I weigh myself on Saturdays!!! But I also know as soon as liquids touch my lips I'm gaining 4 pounds back through the day!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    the meat is for the cat.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    And is veggie bacon? :noway:
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member

And is veggie bacon? :noway:

Essential questions. And seriously what is veggie bacon?

OP of course your weight went up. It's water weight. Your weight fluctuates several pounds throughout the course of the day. Keep in mind that a pound of fat is approximately 3500 calories. You'd have to eat 3500 OVER MAINTENANCE in order to gain a pound of fat. I don't think you're doing that.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    I don’t even let my doctor weigh me in the middle of the day, I tell them what I weigh.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    You seem very unhappy OP.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    Increase fibre.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Have some more chicken! Have some more pie! Just eat it. Just eat it. UH
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    there are hardly any vegetables - no wonder you are hungry ! also as has been said repeatedly, weighing yourself throughout the day is useless and a bit pathological.
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Started from the bottom and she's still damn there?

I got nothin'.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In...

...for:

Ho-Hos.jpg

(I am in the right thread, right?)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    In...

...for:

Ho-Hos.jpg

Well, I'm here, so....
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Ok.. somehow I've eaten..
    2 strips veggie bacon 60 cal
    1 greek 0% fat yogart black cherry 100 cal
    1/2 trader joes veggie wrap sandwich 185 cal
    5 chocolate and nut back to nature cubes ( one serving 140 cal)
    12 cashews 110 cal
    1 serving kettle corn pop chips.110 cal
    1 bottle watter
    2 cups coffee 31 cal
    i've gained 2.7 pounds since 5:30 am and am still so hungry i want to rip the flesh off my hands and chew down on them. Cannot remember not being STARVING!
    Everyone's heavier after eating. :huh: Put food & water in your body, you will instantly weigh more - magic! :tongue:

If you cannot remember not being STARVING then you're doing it wrong. There is no need to be so hungry if you're eating the proper amount of calories for your stats. Enter your info accurately and realistically into MFP. Eat the calories, if you exercise, eat those calories too. Net cals should be at or near goal at the end of the day. Drink water, move around, take rest days, get good sleep.

Don't weigh multiple times a day, and not even once a day if the fluctuations (and there WILL be daily fluctuations, up and down) drive you bonkers. Once a week, or even once a month. Make friends with your measuring tape instead - start tracking there.

And be patient. This doesn't happen overnight.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Ok.. somehow I've eaten..
    2 strips veggie bacon 60 cal
    1 greek 0% fat yogart black cherry 100 cal
    1/2 trader joes veggie wrap sandwich 185 cal
    5 chocolate and nut back to nature cubes ( one serving 140 cal)
    12 cashews 110 cal
    1 serving kettle corn pop chips.110 cal
    1 bottle watter
    2 cups coffee 31 cal
    i've gained 2.7 pounds since 5:30 am and am still so hungry i want to rip the flesh off my hands and chew down on them. Cannot remember not being STARVING!

Is this what you've eaten for your entire day?

Maybe you wouldn't be hungry if you actually ate a substantial meal, because it doesn't look like you've eaten one here. Personally, I never feel satisfied if I just graze on several bitsy things throughout the day.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    In...

...for:

Ho-Hos.jpg

5184294468_0f5773c67c_o.jpg
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    if that is all you have eaten, it makes sense you are hungry....you have room calorie wise to eat more...make good choices and include protein.....and pretty much what everyone else has said.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    EAT!!!!!!!!