Losing weight too fast?

beethedreamer
beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I feel like I'm losing weight wayyy too fast this week. I started last sunday at 171 and now im at 167.4. I eat my 1200 calorie goal and do not eat my exercise calories. Could it be because i have actually started drinking my recommended amount of water and its clearing out my system?

I know everyone says slow and steady is the best way to lose weight, and i lost almost 3.5 pounds in one week. And all this is after I've lost about 50 pounds already. Isn't weight loss supposed to slow down at this point? haha im just a little confused. I dont wanna end up with saggy skin, or gaining all the weight back.

Replies

• It will average out over time - if you lose a lot one week you'll likely loose less the next it's the average over th elong period that matters.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Interesting you should say that because mine HAS stalled and I'm not terrible impressed by it. This is the first time I have been eating my exercise cal's and it doesn't seem to be working for me so maybe I need to back off a little? Bah... It's frustrating BUT good on you. We can't always prevent saggy skin since (generally speaking) once it's stretched, it tends to stay that way but toning up as much as possible might be a good option. The other key is to find a good maintenence point for your eating once you hit your goal weight. Don't revert back to old habits.
  • while i dont think there's really anything WRONG with losing weight fast. it could be better to eat into some of your exercise calories if you're worried about saggy skin from losing too quickly. and it could EASILY be from drinking all that water all of a sudden, water is a great flusher, specially when your body isnt used to too much of it!
This discussion has been closed.