no motivation!!!!! argh!!! anyone feeling the same?

Options
So I am doing well on my journey and feeling good about what I have achieved. The past couple of days i have flumped. Went to visit good friends in a town i used to live in and love (currently hate where i am living and am really lonely). Being back just has been a shock to the system really. I was naughty and ate bad foods (which have actually really hurt my stomach lol, its used to having healthy food lol). I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself lol, I'm doing what i can to get a new job and move so I'm positive it will all be different in a few months. So lots to look forward to. Its just weird coz the first part of my weight loss journey has been quite positive and not too difficult and for no real reason apart from going to York ive got the hump lol is this feeling normal? Any advice on how to escape the feeling? X

Replies

• newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot of change. I know that when I get out of my routine it takes a while to get back on track. Commit to getting started again with one small thing then set another small goal.

Good luck!
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot of change. I know that when I get out of my routine it takes a while to get back on track. Commit to getting started again with one small thing then set another small goal.

Good luck!

I agree with newlife... take one small thing at a time and get back on track. I think the problem is you saw what you loved, you know what you want, and you are simply not happy where you are at, so you caught the I don't care, why bother mindset... flip it to I'm going somewhere I want to be and I'll be happy and I'm gonna do it looking fine!
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    This may sound really harsh: don't try to escape the feeling.

You don't choose your feelings, you choose your actions. So carry on with your exercise - whatever that might be: walking, weights, whatever. Make sure you're eating well (whatever that means to you).

Those actions are things you can feel good about. Boost your mood with some uplifting reading:

Read or reread MFP classics such as:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Or go to the forum & read some Success Stories.

Feelings are transitory. This will pass, and if you're anticipating a new job/move, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. You've got this! :flowerforyou:
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yeah, i went out of town for literally two days, but the plane ride, and everything else & i way overate on the first day, and just overate on the second, but when i came back it was a bit hard to get back on track.