Getting rid of the mummy tummy

Options
How do you reduce the mummy tummy?
I don't have the finances or time to get to a gym, but I can do stuff at home.
Any ideas?

Replies

• arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have seen many success stories with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Most people just lose about 10 pounds, but many inches. That's where it counts. If you don't have it you can find it on YouTube. I just started it today. If you would like to try it send me a friends request and we can do it together. Good luck in whatever you decide!!
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of body weight at home exercises you can do. Pilates type stuff as well.
    I'm sure there's sets you can follow on Pintrest or YouTube.
  • Sinah_2010
    Options
    There's a woman by the name Keaira Lashae. She has excellent advice on losing weight and excellent videos. She's on Youtube. Just type her in and enjoy! :)
  • Resse
    Resse Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh thank you!
    When I have some time later I will look these up!
  • Resse
    Options
    So I've just had a look at the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on youtube. It actually looks like something I can do!
    I am just unsure how long to do each level for?
    Do you do level 1` for 30 days? or if not, how do you know how long you do it before you move to level 2, then level 3?
  • Cath2907
    Cath2907 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is 30 days total. I think it was 10 days at each level.
  • arenad
    Options
    So I've just had a look at the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on youtube. It actually looks like something I can do!
    Do you do level 1` for 30 days? or if not, how do you know how long you do it before you move to level 2, then level 3?
    Yes, it's 10 days for each level. Not straight though. I usually do Monday- Saturday and rest on Sunday. Give your muscles time to heal. In all though 10 days of exercise for each level. Good luck!!
  • arenad
    Options
    Yes, it's 10 days for each level. Not straight though. I usually do Monday- Saturday and rest on Sunday. Give your muscles time to heal. In all though 10 days of exercise for each level. Good luck!!

It's also on YouTube!!
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Think I may have a look at this too. After three kids I think I have a lot of work to do!
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I second the 30 Day Shred, along with her Killer Abs DVD. I have loved both :)
  • Speakaboo
    Speakaboo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred because it's only 20 minutes, so it's easy to cram in while the kids are either asleep or doing their own thing. =)

Only other advise is to track track track your food! I'm still finding it unbelievable how LITTLE you should eat if you want to lose weight. As someone who formally thought she was eating super healthy, it's been a really eye opening experience.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ditto the easy to fit in.....great workout in 25 min....I do mine before work. I would even restart when I'm done. I think going back and being able to do them at the advanced level the second time around would be great!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is awesome for Mom's... real results (if you put the work in) and only 20 mins a day. It's super effective and probably the only video workout that's ever did anything for my tummy
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've suffered from lower back pain for years now (kids, poor core, slight curvature of spine all conspiring against me)! Do you think its suitable?
  • Resse
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred because it's only 20 minutes, so it's easy to cram in while the kids are either asleep or doing their own thing. =)

Only other advise is to track track track your food! I'm still finding it unbelievable how LITTLE you should eat if you want to lose weight. As someone who formally thought she was eating super healthy, it's been a really eye opening experience.

Yes, thank you :). I am also doing myfitnesspal, to track my food.
    I actually want to put in the 30 day shred on there - but I can't find it in the list of exercises!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    250 situps a day
    free.
    and you will be super duper hot.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce.
    khadfield_halloween_mummy.png
  • chapklc
    chapklc Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Yes, each level for 10 days...
  • redog01
    Options
    I love my exercise ball! I have issues with my spine that limit a lot of exercise like sit-ups but I can do them with the ball and they are just as effective and it was under $10!! Plus you can work a lot of other areas too!!
  • chapklc
    chapklc Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Yes, thank you :). I am also doing myfitnesspal, to track my food.
    I actually want to put in the 30 day shred on there - but I can't find it in the list of exercises!

You can create your own cardiovascular activity (exercise) and put in your Net Caloric burn. :) (if you're wearing a HRM), I think it would be hard to estimate that activity.