HATE THE SCALE

mary1127
mary1127 Posts: 37
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I'm new. I hate the scale. All it does is discourage me and make feel its' not worth how hard I'm working. How do I measure my progress? measurements? And I so do not feel right eating my exercise calories..can someone who does that and has lost weight contact me?

Replies

• mary1127
    mary1127 Posts: 37
    Hey I'm new. I hate the scale. All it does is discourage me and make feel its' not worth how hard I'm working. How do I measure my progress? measurements? And I so do not feel right eating my exercise calories..can someone who does that and has lost weight contact me?
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Get a measuring tape and measure the problem areas that are important to you. For example, my problem areas are my hips, waist, inner thighs, and upper arms. Then go to My Home then click "check in" and document your measurements.

I measure myself once every two weeks in the morning before breakfast and after using the bathroom or unless I can see a major difference then I do it sooner.

I weigh myself a lot more often than that because it's so tempting and I walk past the scale every day at my gym.

Good Luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I think most people on here eat their exercise calories and have lost weight--I do every day that I exercise! And so far, in a little over 3 weeks, I've lost 12 pounds.

There's plenty of others on here who can testify to eating your exercise calories works!
  • vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Its been a week now since ive started and i have not weighed my self cuz i dont feel any different even though Ive been doing good with my calories and when I work out I try to just eat my daily calories not the extra calories. Just because I feel that I wont lose any freaken weight eating my extra calories, thats just me though. Ive read on here some chicks do eat there extra calories and they say they are losing weight. So I dont know if this would help you.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

I can't post this link enough.

It explains why the scale is your enemy, and how to make peace with it (sort of)

measure. weigh less often. 'nuff said.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    please people eat the calories you exercise off! i didnt at first and then i started too... I noticed a difference in a week n half.. grant i check my weight everyday just cause at the gym its hard not too.. but i don't have a scale at home on purpose cause i'd be checkin it after i used the bathroom every time.. hahah

but eat all ya calories n exercise ones.. it works!
This discussion has been closed.