Running: Treadmills or Outdoors?

Options

Replies

• RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    outside, treadmill only if the weather is unbearable. I've ran in pretty cold temps and snowy/icy sidewalks.

Me too, I took it inside for several inches of unplowed snow and also for roads covered in branches, limbs and other stuff during a huge wind storm.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I run out doors because I'm not a hamster

Rude

Yes, rude. I use my treadmill in the summer because it can be 123˚ here. Come on over. I want to see you run outside in that.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If I had to run on a treadmill, I wouldn't be a runner.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the people who actually LOVE the treadmill...LOVE IT.

But when the weather is nice, I will be outside..
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I prefer running outdoors because I love looking at all the scenery. Of course if it's too hot or cold outside, I'll bite and use a treadmill.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When cold outside the treadmill but as soon as it gets nice I am outside. Then back on the treadmill when the temp hits the high 90s or better.the. Treadmill gets pretty boring but running intervals helps break it up a bit.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I trail run. The treadmill is too easy to just hop off of.
  • akern15
    Options
    I like both it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Or the weather. I'm a cold weather sissy.
  • Xsadia
    Xsadia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Treadmill for me. I love it! Throw some good tunes on....have a bit of a boogie as i'm warming down..brilliant. So long as the curtains are closed haha! xD
  • kristenmarie1212
    Options
    i like both. i am so clumsy though i always feel like i am going to fall off of the tredmill
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run outdoors. I don't mind rain, dark, cold or hot. I however cannot abide ice, especially potential black ice. As a result, I've been running on a treadmill almost exclusively since before christmas. I cannot wait for all this crap to be gone.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For now, I prefer the treadmill, I can set the speed in increments, if im finding it a little too easy or hard, I adjust it a little, I really struggle finding my pace going on a jog, I can treadmill for 30 mins+ really easy, but cant jog outside for more then a few minutes

Not to mention all the ladies in tight lycra in the gym :D
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Barefoot on the beach. So, outdoors.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    not even a debate outdoors for sure!! for the mental as well!
  • Mackenzie106
    Mackenzie106 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have my own treadmill at home and I use that. I'm self employed so if the phone rings I can pause the treadmill, get my breath back quickly then answer the phone and hopefully make a sale.. outdoors that's not so easy (carring a pen/pencil and paper). 100% treadmill running for me. I ran outdoors once and my pace was all over the place.
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I prefer running outside. I will use the treadmill when the weather is bad and I need to get my run in but if I can outside is always my favorite. I actually find I am too self-conscious on the treadmill and get a little ADD.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Barefoot on the beach. So, outdoors.

So envious....no beach for 80 miles for me :) nearest sand is at the builders yard
  • kesciamuhammad
    kesciamuhammad Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I only run outdoors. I moved just to be near the Greenline in Memphis! I love nature and the sun on my skin.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I actually don't mind the treadmill too much. It's a lot easier to keep track of my progress because I know exactly how fast my pace is and what my time is. But I live in Michigan and running outside most of the year is in no way enjoyable.
  • Coltsatc
    Options
    I hate running on a treadmill. Just always have. My gym has an indoor track so that makes me very happy lol. I hate the cold!