A newby, kind of

Options
Keeping a food diary is not new for me. Over the years, when I feel like my eating is out of control, logging what I eat in a food diary always gets me back on track. Back in the dark ages, I would get out my calorie counter book, look up everything I ate, and write it down. Then I would have to add up the numbers at the end of the day. Of course, there was no handy book for calories burned from doing exercise and keeping a manual log doesn't offer any feedback. It's no wonder I couldn't do a food diary for very long - too much work!

Having an online food diary with already stored information is awesome! It only takes a few minutes to enter my food and exercise and I can do it from lots of places. I get instant feedback at the end of each day and have can get encouragement from others when I need it.

I tried several other online food diaries before I tried myfitnesspal. This one is definitely the best!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I agree I too have kept food diaries before but it is much more work on paper with a calorie counter book and there isnt the instant feed back and motivation. This site is awesome, it makes everything so much easier and having people encourage you really helps. Thank you to everyone that encourages us along the way. We can do this
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    Yes logging what you put in your mouth though the day makes you aware of just how much you are eating... Otherwise you dont exactly know. I like this site very much.